Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 2004 9-3 Aero
Hope somebody can help I'am interested in adding cold intake system is it possible to add and who makes the one for my model Saab?
Thanks...Javdog

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
So far, I haven't seen an aftermarket CAI for the New 9-3, but Im sure it can be custom made without a problem.

·
Registered
162 Posts
the CAI or junk. I wouldn't reccomend getting one. The mess up the ECU and the Idle becomes erratic. From what I hear the drop in performance filters are the best.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
open air all the way.
have you used one 1sweet2.0?????

cause all it is, is a different filter, there cant be any way that it would mess up the ecu! if anything, your making it easier to flow air into the motor...thus it should idle easier/smoother......unless you kill your MAF by reoiling it with too much oil.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
K&N makes a Drop IN for the 9-3SS its on their site and BSR Optiflow System found on BSR site and the Simota Carbon Charger Air Intake System. Pick what one you want. I have not tried any, i don't know what i will be doing yet.

·
Registered
226 Posts
open air all the way.
have you used one 1sweet2.0?????

cause all it is, is a different filter, there cant be any way that it would mess up the ecu! if anything, your making it easier to flow air into the motor...thus it should idle easier/smoother......unless you kill your MAF by reoiling it with too much oil.
Open air on t5 or t7 car yes.
Has she tried it yet? yes with really bad luck along with other many american customers of BSR. American T8 car have many immision control sensors. T8 cars monitor air charge very cerfully, and alot of times set the SEL and make the car go into a LHM. Nick Used to carry BSR open air intakes for 9-3ss and i wonder why he dosent anymore....hmmmm, i've read on saabcentral he actually refunded a few people money and took those intakes back because the cars were undrevible. Also an intake will NOT increase hp on t8 cars, PPC is the only way to gain any hp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts