Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well if you remember some time ago I made a post when I was new to this forum about coilovers. I have found somebody in Sweden that has them made for some crazy money def not worth it.

Well I'm making this post in hopes that GP9, Mp Performance or Genuine Saab Ect, Will hear my cry and hopefully others to come out with coilovers that can't be used with stock shocks.

I have written and called just about every company out there that makes coilovers from H&R to Nuspeed. Nobody is interested in making any for Saab at all! Let's try to change this by showing interest hoping that one of these Saab performance companies will take notice and start to build them for our cars at a reasonable price.

If your interested in Coilovers and want them for you car, post it here. I'm tired of waiting.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have them (prototype) just trying to make sure they will last. Also the spring ratese are a bit tricky... Can't just throw a bunch of parts on the market and let customers do durability testing...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats true Nick. Testing is a major part of R&D.

Im definately interested as well. If these drop lower then the other springs out there, then that would really be an added bonus.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply nick. I knew that you were still testing these from when I spoke to you some time ago but I was not sure where you were with them. Glad to see you still working on them.

Also just wondering what you’re going to set the spring rate at? Are you aiming more towards racing or a sporty ride with comfort? Also what’s the maximum drop you’re going to allow for the coilovers?

Do you have an expected date to release these after everything is fine tuned?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
As the thread mentions, this is about adjustable Coilovers which currently aren't available (at least here in the US for a reasonable amount).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey guys, I don't know much about suspension but I'm putting it in here because i figure whoever is reading this post has more knowledge than myself. The dealer told me I need new struts and I'm asking for advice on what I should do. I planned on ordering new front shocks and springs from MP performance sometime next year. Are there any aftermarket kits that include struts or any way to get around the overpriced oem struts. Once again, I could be way off and Im pretty clueless when it comes to this suspension stuff, so any advice would be a great help. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The dealer told me the same thing, about a year ago that I needed new struts, so I took it to another local shop, and they said it was just the top strut mounts, so they charged me for that top strut mount piece and tightened it up, and haven't had any problems since. Scammers :D

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
rcmdesign said:
The dealer told me the same thing, about a year ago that I needed new struts, so I took it to another local shop, and they said it was just the top strut mounts, so they charged me for that top strut mount piece and tightened it up, and haven't had any problems since. Scammers :D
Actually thats necessarily a scam on the first shop.

Like i've mentioned before, I work at Walmart Tire and Lube, and when doing tires we're trained to look for signs of alignment (wear on one side of the tire), bad shocks ( irregular wear pattern and flat spots), over inflation(inner tread worn faster than outer), and under inflation (outer tread worn faster than inner). If anything is wrong we're supposed to notify the customer.

As far as the shock issues, we're not trained to exam the entire shock and its mounts. We generally let the customer know they have mechanical (shock) problems and suggest they have the problem checked out after recieving tire work.

·
Registered
352 Posts
nick, glad to see you're on top of things....i hope the coilover testing is going well. as asked before, are you going for a race setup or more of a sport ride type setup?.....i hope you're going for a race setup :D :D :D good luck w/ testing

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
saabvos said:
I have written and called just about every company out there that makes coilovers from H&R to Nuspeed
i thought H&R made coilovers

http://nordictuning.com/specialprojects/saab_9-3_2.5t.html
that saab has H&R race coilovers....were they custom or does H&R really make coilovers for the saab?
as was mentioned a few times - coil overs are not available yet in the US - meaning there are a few kits/options for the over sea folk - atleast that's how I inturperted it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts