Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo. . . . .keep on going the Mitsu TD04 route or re-engineer a setup? $240 plus shippng for the Cobra plus machining or start piecing together a top ,mount setup. I almost dont want any more power (I know weird) but why wonder . .. .

Razz on. . ..

Yea yea I need the koni kit. I KNOW.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
if you don't want more power, then why bother?
The 15T is good-enough for 300+ whp if you have the supporting mods.

..and you'll be pushing the limit of the stock motor.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true . . . .*reality sets in.

Faster wouldn't be bad . . .just bordering impractical. Damn tickets. . . .

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
obviously the GT3071 is going to be much more$$$$ (due to the internals being beefed up) and cost of turbo and all supporting mods ect...but if you have the $$$$ its so worth it

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Love to feel a 3071r on a 2.3L motor. The turbo did pretty well conservativly tuned on my old SPG & it would totally be worth it if you can. Personally I would rather complain about having to much power then stating I need more. But yea, costs a lot of money to go that route due to engine upgrades

Not sure if I would want 30whp out of a -15t, if you do not want to spend lots more get a 6cm housing & do the -18t upgrade, really smooths the powerband out on these cars. Yes I wish I would of done a 3071r but what, it probably $4K+ cheaper going this route.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
true.... -18t will sping tires with a lsd, no lsd with a 3071r would be pointless probably at about any speed. So maybe $6-8k to do a 3071r including a lsd/trans

·
Registered
348 Posts
yeah, also since you can tune first and 2nd gear differently that really helps with grip limitations and how you want torque/power to come in, it may take a couple dialing runs but once you get it right it makes the power more usable.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I'm 100% sure that most people on the fence about more power would do juuuuust fine with the 3.5Bar, t5 cams, and re-tune.
(assuming you have some sort of FMIC and exhaust)

spend the couple hundred bucks, and I'm certain you'll be happy

·
Registered
520 Posts
Soooo. . . . .keep on going the Mitsu TD04 route or re-engineer a setup? $240 plus shippng for the Cobra plus machining or start piecing together a top ,mount setup. I almost dont want any more power (I know weird) but why wonder . .. .

Razz on. . ..

Yea yea I need the koni kit. I KNOW.
If you are sticking with the Mitsu and have or plan to add a SW tune to it, the upgraded King Cobra IMO is absolutely critical. The stock cobra is the biggest bottleneck in the entire system and forces the Turbo to over exert itself thus causing it to run hotter with ultimately leads to premature failure. Invest the $240 and the time to do it right.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
G96nt : yep got all that stuff. Its damn fast but I get greedy.

Wow. . $4k for a said and done 3071r? Forget that. Id be well into my Malibu project by then!

Lsd and koni should've been friggen stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts