Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I never really thought much of this as it usually only happens if I ride the clutch going up a hill or if I'm making some odd maneuver. Basically once the clutch is almost all the way out and while I'm giving it some gas, it will occasionally squeaks until the clutch is fully engaged and I'm driving. What could be the cause of this?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Throwout bearing most likely, we have a Ford Transit diesel that squeeks unless you lightly put pressure on the clutch then it goes away.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It sounds like it's being caused by some kind of friction between flywheel and clutch rather than just the T/O bearing.
Squeaking clutch is definitely attributable to wear between the flywheel and clutch parts. Usually, failing throwout bearings make much different noises. I've had cars in the past that would squeak, as NeedForSwede detailed in the first post, and I was told that the squeaking wasn't a major problem. Just finesse it and you shouldn't have any problems. Annoying and embarrassing when it happens in a public place, though! Something to live with IMO, unless you're eager to spend $1000 to have a clutch changed and a flywheel resurfaced. GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts