Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i"m having a bear of a time getting the hydraulic line manifold for the clutch back on the transmission.

Does the clip stay in the fitting then you push it down on top of the nipple?
Or
Once the fitting is seated on the nipple, do you then slide the clip in?

I've tried both, and it doesn't want to go.

I realize that the nipple is two low in the busing and sinks when you put any pressure on it. So i opened up the access cover and am holding the line to prevent the nipple from sinking. Just seems like its taking way to much effort to seat that clip.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like it was cake when I did it the first time, but no matter how hard I push it won't go on. And I'm even doing as Harvey suggested and using a screw driver or hose pick to pry up on the hard line through the access cover.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
i hate doing this as well. Try pushing down as gently as possible on the fitting while inserting the clip. It will be obvious once it is seated. If you look closely at the nipple coming off of the transmission you can see where the clip slides into it. It is a good idea to hold the nipple in place by applying pressure from underneath it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
First time I had the transmission was out to do the clutch, Poisonbeef and I were able to get that line on with little issue at all. This summer when the trans exploded, couldn't get it on for ANYTHING, even trying all the good advice from on here.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See, this is the problem. I get people saying they did it each way. Judging by the clearances, it's not possible to leave the clip in and push it over the fitting.

But there are responses saying its been done each way.

I tried for over two hours. One of my friends and even my father in law gave it a shot. No joy.

Pressed so hard with the clip already in, that I broke the busing the fitting sits in and pushed the nipple even further into the trans.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
See, this is the problem. I get people saying they did it each way. Judging by the clearances, it's not possible to leave the clip in and push it over the fitting.

But there are responses saying its been done each way.

I tried for over two hours. One of my friends and even my father in law gave it a shot. No joy.

Pressed so hard with the clip already in, that I broke the busing the fitting sits in and pushed the nipple even further into the trans.
I did the same thing with that bushing.

The way that a Saab indy told me to do it was by having the clip ALREADY IN, and then push it on. I actually ended up having to tow the car in to him to get this stupid little task done:confused:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
don't do this with the clip pushed in all the way! you may break the line that runs to the slave cylinder. The fitting should be pushed down as far as it can go, try holding the nipple in place from inside the transmission. While keeping pressure on the fitting, slide the clip in....the fitting may still need a good amount of pressure.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
don't do this with the clip pushed in all the way! you may break the line that runs to the slave cylinder. The fitting should be pushed down as far as it can go, try holding the nipple in place from inside the transmission. While keeping pressure on the fitting, slide the clip in....the fitting may still need a good amount of pressure.
See, that's the opposite of what I was told by both that indy and a tech I talked to at Genuinesaab...whichever way floats your boat I guess lol.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Talked to Nick @ GS today also. He said clip goes in first then you press down over the fitting.

Going to call local dealer tomorrow to see if I can get a new bushing and clip by this weekend. Fingers crossed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts