Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I got a older Thule rack for a 2 door 9-3. Unfortunatly, I own a 4 door. Also, the rack did not come with the mounting bolts that screw into the rear mounting points on the roof of the car pictured here:

Does anyone with a Thule rack know the size and pitch of these bolts? I think I can squeeze them past the trim...

Also, my clutch feels like dookie, the pick up point is at the bottom of the clutch pedal travel and there is about an inch of play before there is any resistance in the pedal. However, the clutch does not slip so I didn't think it was actual clutch going bad, maybe just air in the lines or the slave. After googling today that seems to be the case but I couldn't find any pictures of where people were actually bleeding, and I do not have a WIS or any sort of manual.

Is that the bleed valve?

If it is, I have a motive bleeder, I'm assuming I just pressurize that with fluid to about 15 psi uncork that and run fluid through it till there are no bubbles? I plan on bleeding the brakes after, its been over a year.

Thanks for the help. Long time no post.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Yo can't interchange 2 and 4 door racks, the attachment methods are different. Bthose holes are not threaded, with the factory bars two litlle pegs stick in there and then you tighten the bar. The rear uses a set of hooks on the 2 door.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo can't interchange 2 and 4 door racks, the attachment methods are different. Bthose holes are not threaded, with the factory bars two litlle pegs stick in there and then you tighten the bar. The rear uses a set of hooks on the 2 door.
I see. So basically the difference between the 2 door and the 4 door is that the 2 door has pins and a lock in front, and a bolt/hook attachment in the rear as where the 4 door has both mounting locks front and back. So basically I need to buy another set of front mounts for the back?

Thanks so far.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
I really don't think mine are, and there isn't really a need to thread anything in there since they allow clamping as-is.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I tried searching for a few minutes but couldn't find anything. But I'm almost positive someone actually made some pegs to screw into the holes in the back to allow use of the 3 Door rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts