Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BIG metal clunking sound on hard acceleration from low speeds, sounds llike lower left front of the car, probably suspension part of some sort....only started happening since I got my steering rack kit and poly bushes.... anyone else have this problem or have any ideas what it could be before i complain at the mechanic? I wonder if they tightened/torqued everything up properly?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rico: good idea, probably something to consider. I DO beat the autobox much harder than most folks do (i'm sure you do , too!) :wink:

Although I guess I am concerned it is suspension related because it only began to happen since the poly bushes went in. but then again, I did wonder if it had anything to do with the tranny. :roll:

when I kill this autobox I may look into a conversion to manual (it HAS TO BE CHEAPER than a brand new autobox at 3 grand plus labor!) and then I will be able to go to like stage 4 or 5. :lol:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i was thinking the same but take into consideration the fact that u will need a new ecu, and with that comes many problems and headaches

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ricot83 said:
i was thinking the same but take into consideration the fact that u will need a new ecu, and with that comes many problems and headaches
how so? i asked about this a million times here and at SC and no one ever gives me any details, just "sure you can do it but you need to change a bunch of stuff"... I am saying I know it is not super simple but it may end up cheaper than a new autobox? I guess the biggest problem is finding someone who has done one before?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i just foresee myself needing a manual ecu, then some sensors not accepting it, the TCS system might need some work, new axles will b needed new tranny mounts.... things like that

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i see, so you're saying it's not so much the swapping of trannies but the little bits and bolts and sensors and other things that would make it into a big project... oh well maybe i can't have the fastest Saab but i can try to have the fastest autobox saab. :lol: :lol: I still don't get why people say you shouldnt do stage 3 when the only difference is full exhaust w/dp instead of just cat back, and only like 5 horses and 10 nm torque extra from stage 2. :roll: like it makes any difference if you are already running over 60HP more than stock, right? :lol:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
regardless i am going to have the fastest autobox saab 9-3 8) lol i am putting the dp on b4 i do software to see how it reacts
then i neeeeeed software maybe a custom sqr so not so much torque but i will have the fastest lol

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ricot83 said:
regardless i am going to have the fastest autobox saab 9-3 8) lol i am putting the dp on b4 i do software to see how it reacts
then i neeeeeed software maybe a custom sqr so not so much torque but i will have the fastest lol
we'll have to see about that. :wink:

it is cool to see i am not the only crazy one tuning an auto.

BTW i am very interested to know more/see pics of this IC sprayer setup.... lemme know if you are going to the dyno again anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
We have been playing with a new mount for the auto like our manual mount.
abdukted1456:
Call me if you have not gotten to the bottom of this yet... 866.499.1068

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no more popping.

I guess it just needed some loving mechanic's touch to get it to cooperate.... :roll:

The mechaincs loosened the bushings and the KIC clamp kit and reinstalled it and everything seems fine for now. I don't think they did it quite right the first two times, so they started from scratch :roll: they mentioned it needed time to "settle in" :lol: OK, sure.... :roll: :lol:

loving both the bushes and KIC clamp, real improvement! next up is the "octopus/squid bar" :wink: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts