Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I THINK I may have a strut going/is bad but not sure, when we hit a bump the RF makes a clunk sound, the bump can be as small as a slightly sunken manhole and it will clunk, the bigger bumps/holes are unknown since they are loud to begin with so I cant hear the clunking without everything else making noise LOL. How can I check to see if it is going out? I am starting to hate this car...............

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update

Ok it has been VERY cold lately (about 4F) and now there are some new noises along with the clunking, when hitting bumps all FOUR corners (wheel areas) sound like your walking on crunchy snow or thin ice. These noises are new and were not there last year :( Are the suspension bushings going out? Or is it worse you think? Where should I start to look?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
The cold weather clunk is a feature, not a flaw. It's an audible reminder that the temperature is sub-freezing and that you should be wary of black ice....*

It can be caused by a couple of different factors, mainly worn suspension components, especially the front anti-sway bushings

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok after a long trip through northern Italy (South Tirol region) and into Switzerland then back home near Innsbruck the clunking is getting worse, I have looked at the bushings and such that are easy to check when freezing and they all look OK, not 100% but OK, I have a bad feeling its the thrust bearings in the struts causing the problems now :( :( :( Is there a simple way to check this problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts