Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm in the Pontiac buzzing along one of the fun back roads near me at about 70-90ish and I caught some air a few times on the jumps. This may have been a little foolish cause the road was slick, but it's still fun :lol: So anyway, I'm approaching a 3 way intersection (no stop for me) and I do as I usually do, cut it down to about 60 mph because it's a 3 way intersection on a hill and on a turn so it's a bit hard to see anything except from the intersection that has the stop sign, and that's not where I'm coming from.

So just as I am about to come over the rise , some woman in a BMW X5 comes out of no where from the side with the stop sign! She sees me, and STOPS in the middle of the intersection!!! I had no chance to brake so I pitch as far right as I can to get out of this crazy womans way. I swear I must have been so close to her that I took her front plate cover off. I ran off the road into the rocks, grass and shit off to the side (still going about 60) and as I try to bring it back onto the road and brake, the front end went where I wanted, so did the back end- but the fact that I had just made a hard right and then a VERY hard left really upset the balance of the car. This made it so the back end and the front swapped sides, not just once but about 3 times!!! so basically I ended up spun out, sideways in a ditch. amazing because there were trees and other obstacles all over the place for me to hit, I didn't wipe out any of them. I'm sitting there stopped not sure if I hit anything or not, but the car is idling in neutral sideways off the road. I sat there dazed for about 30 seconds and the X5 is still sitting there in the middle of the intersection not moving either. It took me about 2 minutes to get out of the damn ditch and by the time I left she was still sitting there… I guess she was waiting to see if someone else was going to come by and hit her.

I got home and inspected the Pontiac- I can't find a single thing wrong with it :lol: alignment is still fine and aside from some scuffs on the back bumper from hitting who knows what, no damage what so ever :lol:

·
Registered
876 Posts
"aside from some scuffs on the back bumper from hitting who knows what"
What color are these scuffs and what color was the X5? I love that road but that intersection is a hazard. I take it to work all the time and people don't always know it's not a 4 way.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
some people are just freakin morons... i hate how oblivious they are to everyone around them ... wonder what she woulda said had she hit the side of your car "sorry officer i was on my cell phone and i just turned....."

·
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BORKAT said:
"aside from some scuffs on the back bumper from hitting who knows what"
What color are these scuffs and what color was the X5? I love that road but that intersection is a hazard. I take it to work all the time and people don't always know it's not a 4 way.
hmm, black scufs black X5? :lol: I don't think it was from that, it would have made no sense. If anything I should have had black scuffs along the SIDE of my car but there were none, so it could not have been from the X5. probably from a tree or something is my guess.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
and about One year ago on that side road next to that I had the same things - same exact situation happen to me with an 04' Land Rover (it ended up in the Ditch tho - I flew around aiming at trees)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts