Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 22-26, the Climb to the Clouds, i.e. Mt. Washington hillclimb, will be held as part of the auto roads 150th anniversary. The actual racing will be held from the 24th to the 26th.

Climb to the Clouds | The 2011 Climb To the Clouds Hillclimb

I would highly encourage anyone who can attend this event to go. There is a lot of history behind the CTTC, being one of the oldest motorsport events in the country, and it is possible that it will never happen again. Although I really hope it does. Anyway, the organizers are making a huge effort to make this an exciting event for both competitors and spectators. Other than the actual racing there will be concerts, fireworks, a beer tent, some sort of car show etc. There will also be some historic climb to the clouds cars on display, group B audis and more.

Heres a video of Frank Sprongl setting the current record in 1998 in his Audi:

YouTube - 1998 Mt. Washington Hill Climb, Sprongl World record run.

He will be back this year to defend the record. Along with three other one time record holders who will also be competing.

If you can't tell I am very excited for this event. And with good reason. It is going to be completely over the top and awesome.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Driver list just announced!

If you are a gear head you've got the be at this event, there are going to be some insane cars.

I see on the list an 85 SPG as well! I really can't wait for this event, it's going to be badass.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I hope I can make it, although I can see it being sold out quite fast.

I'm sure my brother would also love to go.

·
User
9,193 Posts
I'm going to try my hardest to go! I know several of the people racing, a couple are from Claremont as well, even went to school with one of them! stig and I actually hung out with Sarah Trask and Chris Duplessis' family last year at the NEFR. This should be an amazing event!

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Hopefully everyone has signed up for the email newsletter, but just in case I'll post it right up on here when tickets go on sale.
Last thing I need to be nagged on by another set of bi weekly anual one time only junk emails.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Entry paid today, lets hope I have a working car by June......
Entry as in you must be competing?

I am dying for spectator info. As soon as they go on sale I'll definitely be getting on board. The field looks amazing and I really can't wait for this event.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes! Very excited, have heard nothing but good things from people who have done it in the past. I'll try and post here when they release spectator info/ticket sales. But I believe that the areas will consist of some grand stands at the base, a mid point area on the road, and a very limited number of tickets for people to drive to the summit and watch from there. Supposedly they will also have an announcer relaying information, along with a video feed at the spectator areas, which should be pretty cool. I would also recommend the mailing list to anyone interested, the number of emails received is limited to important releases, so it won't clog your inbox.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
From the facebook page:

"Hang in there... CTTC TICKETS will be available soon! Prices will be as follows for ages 17 and above: Friday - $10.00; Saturday - $10.00 & Sunday - $15.00; 3-day Tickets - $30.00 - all tickets include access to the base area, paddock during non-competition hours and the evening concerts. By the way, ages 16 and under are FREE with a paying adult!!! Shuttle tickets to the Half-Way Viewing Area will be available on-site. A limited number of Drive-Your-Self tickets will also be available early Sunday morning for those wishing to drive to the Summit for the entire day..."

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Not sure what to do about tickets... I would really like to be there both Saturday (to check out cars) and Sunday of course for the actual runs. I wish there was more than 1 spot along the route to hike upto. I like the halfway point and the shuttle option, but $30 a person is a bit much to only see 1 of the 2 runs, but I understand they want to make room for everyone.

KP - what are you going to be running for a car up there? I'll look forward to meeting you and checking out whatever you bring up for a set of wheels!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts