Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on making a run of clear Poly Acrylic headlight lenses... I believe cost would be about maybe $70 or so a set...

I've basically heard everyone talking about how they wish there was a way to get there hands on some so that going the HID route would be worth it... Instead of grinding the flute's out or running E-codes and getting poor results...

I guess my question is how much interest would there be in these? I wanna make it worth my time to make the molds and buy the materials... turn around time would probably be around a month... not looking for money up front... just interested party's...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Just a heads up, though I'm sure you already realize thus, you'll have to pick materials that can both resist UV damage and clouding, as well as rock chips from the road.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Im in if you could make a lens for first gen 9-5

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm definitely in for a set...I've been wanting some for awhile! I do NOT have the time to screw around with grinding a set of lenses down...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright I figured as much... A local artist who makes molds is going to help me with it I just basically need to make the lenses flat/smooth with clay so he can make the molds... as soon as we get something going I'll post pics and keep everyone updated...

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
If I still had the NG900, I would do it without question. I collected almost all the pieces I needed to do a projector conversion but my main issue was the lense which is why I sold the parts I bought.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Count me in.

I've got some NG900 lenses if you need them for the molding process. I removed them when i put the e-codes in. They are sand blasted pretty bad, but that shouldn't matter if sculpting some clay from them. Was just hanging on to them in-case I busted an e-code.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Count me in.

I've got some NG900 lenses if you need them for the molding process. I removed them when i put the e-codes in. They are sand blasted pretty bad, but that shouldn't matter if sculpting some clay from them. Was just hanging on to them in-case I busted an e-code.
Thanks but I've had enough parts cars in the past I've got a couple good set of them to use as the template...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts