Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, just spent an hour making clear corners for my car, came out really good, i will post pictures later, simple to do, use a screwdriver to pry the reflector off, then take a pair of pliars and twist the reflector around til it shatters all up, then dump the pieces out and bam, you have a clear corner, lol

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
now you need to buy the colored light bulbs.... and somehow this seems rather "primitive" I'll wait to see some pics of this ;) Not like I plan to destroy my lights :) I would rather a LIGHT tint on my tails at the most, maybe the corner lights too, but mainly the tails.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was talking about the front lights, not the rear ones, and why do i need colored bulbs?? mine came with orange bulbs already, i'm gonna make them white though, and it'll be cool, i wouldn't recomend doing it to a 9000, do it to a ng900, those are easy.

~justin

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Well i know PA laws here require your turn signals to either be that yellow color or redish - so if you go White and a Mainer Cop pulls ya over, he can write ya up on that ;) I'd keep the orange bulb if i were you. My $0.02

·
Registered
251 Posts
im thinking about doing the same.....making clears then getting the silver look that flash orange. I know it will look pretty good, but i have a friend who has clears on a silver car.....his wrx....and it just looks ugly......wrx's in my opinion are ugly anyway but it has made me think twice cause i think that clear corners with silver paint might look odd.......please post pics if u find a silver 9-3 with clears.....i need to be convinced to do it

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, where do i get silver visions?

~justin

·
Registered
126 Posts
saabguy said:
hey, just spent an hour making clear corners for my car, came out really good, i will post pictures later, simple to do, use a screwdriver to pry the reflector off, then take a pair of pliars and twist the reflector around til it shatters all up, then dump the pieces out and bam, you have a clear corner, lol

~justin
I tried doing that to my car, but the lense itself cracked on me ... I had to give up.

I have since got some new tools, so the next time I take the lights apart, I'll give it a shot again.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aw crap dude, i'm sorry that you broke your lenses, dang, that stinks...

~justin

·
Registered
4 Posts
You DON'T have to spend the money on the silver bulbs...do your own ghetto mod on the stock turn signal bulbs. Runs about $20 cheaper...

Just take your turn bulbs out, give them a LIGHT spray with silver high temp spray paint, then around the base (by the metal part) scrape off the silver. I also scraped the silver off of the part of the bulb that is not visible so that when it flashes, it has even more amber to reflect out... The result - a bulb that truly blends in with the housing, and flashes amber...

Here's mine:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Or you can just buy the silvervisions from Europe, or the Silverstar signal bulbs here in the US. I got the latter, and they look great!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol, ghetto rigging a light bulb, that's awesome, where did you get the idea to do that? how much dimmer is the bulb cause of the paint?

~justin

·
Registered
4 Posts
saabguy said:
lol, ghetto rigging a light bulb, that's awesome, where did you get the idea to do that? how much dimmer is the bulb cause of the paint?

~justin
That's why I scraped off the paint on the side of the bulb that you can't see...

With just the paint, you get an orange glow from the bulb, which really is too dim, but by scraping the paint off the non-visisble side, you let enough light out to hit the reflectors and then you can't really tell any difference.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts