Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a newbie here!
I was wondering if it possible to remove orange on the side of the blinkers on my 2001 9-5.. it will give it a much better look i think.
Please let me know if you can jsut remove it. or if i have to get a whole new headlight replacement!
Thanks
-Mike
P.S. ill post a picture soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it's like my 2000 9-3 the answer is yes.I used a hook tool to GENTLEY pry it away,then you have to bust it up to get all the pieces out of the lense.Good luck :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soo.. pry it out from where? ahha
pry the entire lens assemble out?
heres a picture.. please go into a little more detail! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine has 1 screw holding the corner lense in.Then you pull it forward and disconect the bulbs.you go in thru the bulb sockets.before and after.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, theres actually a way to make your corners clear without purchasing new ones. I'm pretty sure all the Saab parts are assembled the same way. Check this link out, its from a Saab 900. http://www.lehigh.edu/~erp4/ClearTurns.html. If it's the same way for a 9-5, I would like to know also. Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Heres a pic of my corners.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well pull the corner lense off of your car, and where the bulb screwed into, see if you can insert a long screw driver (flat head) and try and pry off the orange bit. Then break it off with long needle nose pliers, and pull out the pieces. You'll never know unless you pull the damn thing out and take a look inside. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot for the help and opinons...
the 900 and 9-3 corner lenses are a bit different.
the orange on the 9-3 and 900 are on the bottom where as on the 9-5 its on the top.. no big deal.
but anywase thanks for your help! and i hope this helps other saabers the same way!
-Mike!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts