Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If some of you guys remember, my lovely 900s was t-boned a few weeks ago, now its in the shop being fixed and my Mom very nicely loaned me her wagon to drive until its done. Although she didnt need her car anyway cuz she in Mexico :rolleyes: (so jealous).

So as a thank you for letting me drive her car I told her I would get it cleaned up. The interior was a nightmare. Not only had my Dad got it stuck in the mud at our future home site (yeah he wasnt paying attention and drove off the paved driveway :rolleyes:, and he always wondered way I never drive off the driveway) so there was mud on the interior, I dont even know when the last time it was cleaned inside, let alone had the interior windows cleaned. The fogging on the windows was so bad that if the sun hit it at the right angle you couldnt even see out the windshield.

While I am a totally cheap person I dont skimp on interior detailing products (love Meguiars products!), I do like to save money where I can. I have found that the Dollar Store has lots of great things that can be used to clean and detail your car for super cheap.

The Microfiber duster ($1 at the dollar store, as apposed to $10 for the mini cali duster) works great on the dash. I keep it in the car and dust whenever I see any dust build up between real cleanings. It only takes me a second at a red light to reach into the seat pocket and clean the dash.

Its also perfect for those hard to reach places.

Also the microfiber towel (also $1) is great for applying interior dressing. It is on the rough side for a microfiber towel so I wouldnt use it on your paint, but it is plenty soft enough to use for the interior.

Toothbrushes (again $1, dollar store FTW) are great for cleaning cracks and the stitching in the leather seats. These beauties even came with their own protective covers, great for storage after use.

I first dusted the dash, center console and doors with the microfiber duster, then I cleaned the super dirty parts of the dash with a Clorox wipe (they do not contain bleach), i wouldnt do this often, but because there was serious dirt, mud and finger prints I used it. I then followed up with Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer, this leaves a matte factory finish look. I like a more shiny look without it being super greasy, so I followed the Qiuk Detailer with Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant Spray. I like the look that this leaves, although it is slick to the touch it is not greasy. I used it all over the dash, center console and doors, I then when over the part of the steering wheel that I touch as well as the buttons, digital screens, and door pulls with the Quik Detailer again to remove any slickness which I dont want in those places. I finished up by spot cleaning the seats and completely cleaning the interior of the windows in the car.

DASH BEFORE:

CENTER CONSOLE BEFORE:

SEAT BEFORE:

FLOOR BEFORE:

AFTER:

You can really tell the difference between the Quik Detailer and the Natural Shine on the steering wheel. The center is shiny while the rim is clean and matte.

AFTER:

AFTER:

AFTER:

And here is all the crap that I "liberated" from the front door pockets. :rolleyes: She keeps entirely too much stuff in the car.

Notice the dead Saab badge and the random trim piece I couldnt figure out where it lives.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
And here is all the crap that I "liberated" from the front door pockets. :rolleyes: She keeps entirely too much stuff in the car.

Notice the dead Saab badge and the random trim piece I couldnt figure out where it lives.
That trim is for the center console next to the seat. Holds the fabic together :) Goes from the floor to the top of the center console. Snaps right in there.

Looks much cleaner - I was expecting the before to be much worse however. Good cheap clean overall!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That trim is for the center console next to the seat. Holds the fabic together :) Goes from the floor to the top of the center console. Snaps right in there.

Looks much cleaner - I was expecting the before to be much worse however. Good cheap clean overall!
Thanks Ill go put it in now.

It was super dirty in the cracks and the dash and leather soaked up the conditioner, it definitely needed a good cleaning.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Wow, I feel humiliated. If that's dirty...yeah I should probably clean my car. Your "nightmare" is probably about equivalent to the cleanest my car's ever seen XD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.