Saab Link Forums banner

Cleaned my car. Took pictures.

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  stig 
#1 ·
Sorry, no good pictures... the weather had turned "meh" by the time I was done...

So my car had started looking pretty shitty again. The paint was losing its shine, swirls/scratches were becoming prevalent, it was all getting hazy... you know. Just looked bad walking up to it in the sun...

So today I took it to work and spent some quality buffer time...

Befores:

Repainted fender standing right out...

A during (I got some color back in the spoiler, at least... looks less like shit :lol:

Afters....

I'm pleased with the results, gotta get that black trim in order though.

See less See more
#7 ·
Is that Carbrite Compound? If so, you will definately want to follow it up with a finer polish to remove any haze that the compound might have left over. It is amazing though how well single stage red responds to a bit of TLC, great job Stig!

#8 ·
Thanks.

Palmer, I have considered rattlebombing the spoiler. We'll see.

Christian, I don't actually know what that one is called... but I do know it's the most aggressive compound we have. I only used it on the spoiler and a few trouble spots (like the ghosting from the debadge, which is still pretty visible :( )

Used a medium compound with a wool pad, then polishing pad on the whole car followed up by a swirl remover on a finishing pad. Don't know the brand or anything, they're all in pretty much unmarked bottles and I haven't stumbled upon the source yet...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.