Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
you know those annoying guys that only know very little about cars?
yet the little knowledge they have they try to use in every aspect of a car?

well i have to deal with one of those guys in my class twice a week

he drives a lexus gs300 and he will not stop bragging about his 2JZ

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
well just as we were leaving class he kept pushing at me to race
i told him im done with racing cars, especially ones that i know i can beat

well he took offense to that and told me that he would smoke me in any aspect of racing

i told him we'll see once we get on the road

i had no intentions to run him but when he did a ricer fly-by it kinda offended me and made me think that he would act like a true asshat ricer and tell everyone that he beat my car

so as he flew by i grabbed 3rd and hit my 22psi and quickly caught up

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
we got next to eachother again for another run
since his car has an auto trans i promptly waited for his car to downshift and started going again from 35
thats when i grabbed 2nd and started accelarating and pulled away with complete ease

he later called me praising my car (i thought to myself "how the hell did he get my number?")

we'll see next class what he says to the other ppl classmates

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
dude that's awesome!! I have to deal with people like that too. Since I have a c900 N/A I'll wait till I get a little bit faster Saab, then maybe I'll do a quick little race. But I know my c900 will beat several of those other students cars even though it is stock. Haha

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
About 6 months ago I was getting gas when a flat-brimmed hat wearing, Nissan Sentra with a fart can driving, mouthbreather at the pump next to me chatted me up. The usual shit about the car.

"what kind of car is that?"
"It's a Saab 93 Aero."
"Oh, I've always heard Saabs were nice but slow."
"Well, I'm putting out about 280HP and close to 300ft/lbs, so I wouldn't call it slow."

He proceeded to tell me about his car, intake, exhaust, aforementioned fart can, cut springs, etc.

We both got on the highway and he started screwing with me. He'd get up next to me, goose it fall back. I let him do that twice, then on the third time just as he took off I downshifted to 4th at 65 and went WOT. He didn't stand a chance. I took it up to about 110 and backed off. He caught up but didn't do a ricer flyby.

Of course this all happened in Mexico.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The only other thing at my HS that was even remotely quick was a modded Silverado 2500 Duramax. He would absolutely leave me for dead frumdig, but frumroll we were dead even.

I just lol'd at like the fartcanned Neon, the automatic n/a Talon, ragged ass base model 1st gen Integra, etc that thought they were faster than my 9k.

In Cuba, obviously.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
makes me want stage 3 tune but worried about the clutch going :/
thats what i was worried bout
but then i got a viggen pp and clutch with my replacement engine (man have had to many) all if is fine now

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
We had our fair share of ricers in my high school, however there were a few cars not worth messing with... an srt-4 at about 350whp, a 99 gsx eclipse with 327 awhp, a wrx, and a couple mustangs were pretty quick.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i found out that our stage 4 has no problem beating mustangs -09 (dont fucks with the 2010- though, they're a completely diff car) from a ~30mph roll
its a complete dead spot for them so you pull away with ease and by the time their power band kicks in they usually become too discouraged to chase us down cuz of the distance you put
done this to a couple mustang buddies
i wont dare run them from a dig though

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yeah, I know they were just some of the non ricers lol, the srt-4 and the gsx were both forces to be reckoned with...until he crashed his srt and the eclipse blew up. Now the same kid with that srt-4 has bought another one which happens to be over the 400whp mark :rolleyes: kid always has nice cars.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I had a run-in at school once - kid wasn't a complete ass-hat/tool - but was a little more cocky then he should have been. He had a nice early 90's Foxbody 5.0 with some reasonable mods - more or less intake and exhaust - maybe some light head work and headers. Car did sound nice and ran well. Obviously off the line it was a given - but I noticed he would drive the same way home most nights on the by-pass (202 and Route 76)

Mind you - at this time I aws still driving my 1987 9000T with 300,000 miles PLUS on the original trans and motor - pushing 18PSI through the stock T3

One night I caught up to him on the by-pass and proceeded to line up next to him @ 65mph - he knew, we both wanted to see who would be better at speeds - so together we downshifted and took off - at first he was sticking on me pretty well, but once we cleared 75 I was about 1/2 car ahead of him and I wasn't backing off or loosing any distance, just making it. By about 115+ we both backed down , made one more attend which yielded the same so we split and went our ways. The next day at school he was all qestions and praise. lol Wish I had my 95' I have today - would have a better chance off the line with the automatic and stage 4 :)

There was also another kid who everyone hated for reasons described above - he had a 350Z (nice car given) but he was all Skyline this and that and swore it to be the fastest car. It was quick - but he couldn't drive it for shit. It's nice the toys his mommy and daddy would buy him and his brother. I never wasted my time to race him - I'd of lost anyway, but I rather get free rides to dinner in his new car then waste my fuel to piss off the dits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts