Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found my dads' old SPG (sold in '08) on CL. Looks like the new owner had some fun with it :lol:

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/1940980924.html

1987 Saab SPG No rust Performance Modded. Ported Head,bigger Cams,bigger Turbo,Large FMIC with 2-1/2 tubing,dual horn BOV,3" Down pipe,3" exhaust with performance converter,42lb injectors,magnecore wires,stage 4 APC,10lb Aluminum Flywheel with 6 puck clutch,89 engine and trans. Will run 30lbs boost,running 20lbs to be able to drive on street! New headliner,perfect seats,almost perfect paint. 205/45-17 Tires Cross drilled/slotted rotors. Repaired and cared for by Saab mechanic. 802-238-0448 Open to offers.
Let me know if you need any classic Saab 900 Parts. Thanks for looking! James

No rust is right, fwiw, the body on that car was awesome when we had it. Here's a picture from then:

·
User
9,193 Posts
Hmmm... That is quite the high asking price! Definitely looks clean, but damn it needs those wheels GONE.

Wonder if he'd be interested in a trade for a 99 Viggen...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Looks like a good deal considering the mods and outstanding conditon. Unlike zach, I think the wheels are great. Probably one hell of a car although as c900 guys know, longevity is the huge question with the existing mod list.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I am also a fan of those wheels..... spg & aero/super aero wheels on a spg to me is like driving a honda..... everyone does it

·
Registered
435 Posts
Damnit! That would be a awesome ride! Wonder if he'd be interested in a 99 viggen =P Hell of a drive though and price is a little high but the mods are definitely not cheap.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Clean SPG's are out there, and if I'm going to spend $8k on one, it's going to be a 1-owner, creampuff car with L O W miles from where winter is 70*. Not a Vermont car (say what you want about clean bodies, rust etc. Vermont is HARD on cars), and not one that's been rode hard & put away wet.

I'd take Palmer's anyday over this.

·
User
9,193 Posts
just buy it zach
I'm not paying 8,000 for a New England SPG... Hell, I wouldn't pay 8k for ANY SPG. ;)

Looks like a good deal considering the mods and outstanding conditon. Unlike zach, I think the wheels are great. Probably one hell of a car although as c900 guys know, longevity is the huge question with the existing mod list.
Wheels are personal preference... and those mods really aren't all that impressive. Definitely not enough to warrant that high of an asking price.

Buy my car, it's 1/3 the price.
I'd love to... But I am more interested in trading at this point in time as I don't have that kind of spare cash floating around. Believe me, if I did, I'd be all over your car.

I am also a fan of those wheels..... spg & aero/super aero wheels on a spg to me is like driving a honda..... everyone does it
Aero/Super Aero/Exposed Lug Super Aero wheels on SPG's look great... That's why people do it. I don't have anything against aftermarket wheels, I just don't like busy wheels with tons of thin spokes. Just a personal preference. I like simple and clean. I kind of think the wheels on that car look too much like hubcaps.

with those louvers - it needs a whale tail. The louvers seem to overpower the spoiler and make it look puny. lol Nice SPG - go get it Zach!
I would consider trading my Viggen for it, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near what he's asking for it. And it'd have to be close to pristine.

Clean SPG's are out there, and if I'm going to spend $8k on one, it's going to be a 1-owner, creampuff car with L O W miles from where winter is 70*. Not a Vermont car (say what you want about clean bodies, rust etc. Vermont is HARD on cars), and not one that's been rode hard & put away wet.

I'd take Palmer's anyday over this.
This. VT is about the worst place to buy an expensive car from lol. 90% of the roads are dirt, salty, and have pot holes the size of Rhode Island.

Zing, how about a good 99 9-3 and cash for the viggen? It even comes with viggen parts!
Tempting, but that LB paint keeps me attached just a little too much. The only things I would really consider trading for would be a pristine SPG (edwardian grey 88 (preferably) or tally red 90-91), or an MCY 91 SE Vert.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts