Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep - you too can be "king of the road" - or at least have the best named trash hauler around! This is for you DeLorean!

1989 SAAB SCANIA W/31 YRD EZ PACK GOLIATH G-370 GVWR-66,140 ENGINE-6CYL SAAB 673 CID 308 HP TRANS -10 SPEED MAN W/COMPUTER AIDED GEAR CHANGING /TRUCK STARTS AND RUNS FINE HAS BEEN USED EVERYDAY UNTIL NOW HAS NEVER PICKED UP TRASH BRUSH AND LEAVES ONLY PACKER PISTON LEAKS BUT COMES W/REPLACEMENT THAT WAS NEVER INSTALLED.
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1876759785.html

Located in Monroe, NJ
Asking price is $10,500

Cheaper then a 1968 Interceptor for sure, but not as fast - but would look just as neat @ Carlisle. Plus think of all the things you could haul! Looks like the headlight switch on the dash is the same as a c900/9000/9-3 - you get the picture...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It probably smells funny.

Paul
HAS BEEN USED EVERYDAY UNTIL NOW HAS NEVER PICKED UP TRASH BRUSH AND LEAVES ONLY
I thought of that too - but it was never used as a trash truck - just a shrub and brush remover.

·
User
9,193 Posts
That's cool, but there was a Scania Bus about 30 minutes from me for a couple years that was for sale. They only wanted like 3500 bucks!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's cool, but there was a Scania Bus about 30 minutes from me for a couple years that was for sale. They only wanted like 3500 bucks!
Yeah - probably the one DeLorean was going to buy, but had nowhere to store it at the time - would have been the Saablink Bus :)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
id buy it, scrap the trash hull, repaint the cab and install a hydraulic chrome diamond plate flat bed. would be sweet to haul the 9-3 to car meets/shows with.
I was having the same thought - but the price is way too high. You could buy several large 6X6 trucks for that kind of money.... should be 1/2 that price then it would be a deal.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I was having the same thought - but the price is way too high. You could buy several large 6X6 trucks for that kind of money.... should be 1/2 that price then it would be a deal.
true.

btw...happy birthday.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts