Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

well its not the actual car. will get pics up soon

its a '09 smart fortwo BRABUS vert. with 13k mi.
17" r 15" f BRABUS forged (i believe) wheels
its supposed to have a tuned exhaust and intake (from what pops claims)

i saw the price tag new (MMR) for these things
$20,990!!!
i didnt think they would be that much

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I had a Smart as a loaner car while my Pukegeot was being worked on. The most unnerving drive I've ever had in a car. The Suzuki Samari has got nothing on the Smart when it comes when it comes to feeling top heavy.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know what you mean on that feeling

have yet to drive this one (have driven a reg smart though)
but i know its got a completely diff suspension over the non Brabus
its 10mm lower (i know thats crazy low)
and it has a wider stance

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Two questions:

How much did you pay?

And why?

Unique cars, which from what I've heard, test well in crash simulations, but I don't see how somebody would pay 20k for one. Very practical if you live within a city and are left with a short commute, but I can't rationalize how these cars would be good for somebody who lives far from work, commutes the highways, and is immersed in winter madness, etc.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I had a Smart as a loaner car while my Pukegeot was being worked on. The most unnerving drive I've ever had in a car.
You can say that again. My cousin in england needed a cheap car to commute with so he bought a smart. It was scary how the car felt on the highway. It felt like the wind could blow it over with one strong gust or even a big truck flying by

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
IDK but the lady down the road from me is pretty content with driving hers like a ferrari. driving the apex of the roads and shit... i'm just waiting to she her flip it ;) she's a bitch anyways so i wouldn't feel too bad.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two questions:

How much did you pay?

And why?

Unique cars, which from what I've heard, test well in crash simulations, but I don't see how somebody would pay 20k for one. Very practical if you live within a city and are left with a short commute, but I can't rationalize how these cars would be good for somebody who lives far from work, commutes the highways, and is immersed in winter madness, etc.
why you ask? just cuz lol

well ill tell you, didnt pay near the new price tag
got it in a dealer auction

but you gotta understand the $21k price tag goes only to the BRABUS vert
the BRABUS coupe starts at $18k
and the non BRABUS go for under $15k

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Very practical if you live within a city and are left with a short commute, but I can't rationalize how these cars would be good for somebody who lives far from work, commutes the highways, and is immersed in winter madness, etc.
I saw a Smart, in Ohio, with Nevada license plates. I've also seen one damn near get blown off the road by a speeding semi.

As for the price, Smarts parent company is Mercedes Benz. If an MB engineer so much as breathes on a Smart car, thats worth a $4000 mark up. At least.

For $20k I'd wait for the Fiat 500, buy a base Mini or a Golf.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To put on the lot?

Somebody will buy it.

And are you hitting a bong in your avatar?
so far its to keep and put our logo on it
but it all depends on pops
we've had more people ask bout that car than anything else
have had it only 3 days now

as for my avatar im holding my studded belt from my mouth
was getting dressed and as i was buttoning my pants i was holding my belt in my mouth and my gf snapped a pic.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I always wondered what was going on in your avatar lol.

You should do a race, then you can say your Saab smoked a Mercedes :)
But seriously, race!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sounds like a good deal then, especially if you got it at dealer auction pricing! That's a great car to throw a company logo on and run around in. I was just merely contemplating/considering/rambling aloud about the daily driver capability. Post some pics when you get it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts