Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how to remove the cigarette lighter to replace it with another one? It no longer works (was working fine past few weeks with GPS and phone charger), I guess I twisted the plug while it was in and something inside broke. Do I have to take the whole middle peice out or just the side next to the glove box?

·
Registered
358 Posts
You should be able to get it off by just removing the kick panel. You have to unplug the wiring, then press the metal sleeve out, and then the lighted ring will come out. A new one is installed in the reverse order. The lighted ring goes in first, and then the sleeve is put in next to lock the whole thing in place.

I replaced my NG900's lighter with a Porsche Boxster lighter from Suncoast Parts a while back because the 900's is a slightly oversized European lighter and things don't fit very tightly. The Boxster lighter is made by the same company that made the 900's (Autofum), and mounts exactly the same way.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I replaced my NG900's lighter with a Porsche Boxster lighter from Suncoast Parts a while back because the 900's is a slightly oversized European lighter and things don't fit very tightly. The Boxster lighter is made by the same company that made the 900's (Autofum), and mounts exactly the same way.
wow good to know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts