Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking for a nice way to make my interior nice and was looking for chrome paint that I could use on the speaker covers and some of the vents just to accent it. I also found this stuff like foam or liquid that you spray on like leather and plastic and it changes it to that color because it "bonds" with the materials that already exist in your interior. Has anyone used these products and if so are they even worth investing in?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
this "color changing" stuff sounds very ricer esc.... I would NEVER consider tainting my Leather - if you want to mess with your seats look into new Racing Heated Leathers as seen in the Buy it now - but I prefer stock seats for now - just me maybe. If you are more talking door pannels and such - perhaps - but I'd say leave that area stock - lasts longer prolly. As for the accents - that could be neat. Sounds like something you'd see in a VW Passat, Audi, or a BMW?? It does look nice if done right.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you guys should take a look at this link. This company looks legit and I would trust them. I was looking into either red or white for my leather....and the problem is what would go best with chrome accents and black leather? I kinda am leaning toward white with red trim. I want it to look extremely nice so I really need some feedback from you all.

http://www.leathermagic.com/Secure/ecommerce/details.asp?prdn=21

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
ugh i dunno man, this whole thing kinda smells like uncle bens to me, i mean theres a reason why saab didnt offer their cars with red or white leather interior :shock: , i dont mean to be mean here, but i feel like someone needs to say it. Id stay away from changing the color of your leather.

Paul

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tis true. The black by itself is all well and good. But my interior is lacking that personal touch and I am not sure exactly how to do it. The chrome yesbut I don't feel that would make someone look in my car and say OOO AHHH ya know? I could replace the wood look and try a metallic. and carbon fiber dash perhaps. and the interior lights are getting changed to red soooo I just that would be over kill. Now if I could do black chomre I would die in ecstasy.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
how about the brushed alluminium look - they have those now don't they?? Instead of the wood look - I'd think that would be a nice "personal" touch - cold, but personal :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts