Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Viggen came with aftermarket wheels that just don't have the look I want. I'n thinking about the replica wheels that are available that I believe are of Chinese origin. Has anyone bought a set of them?

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
wow $574 for 4 wheels shipped is a good deal. I might actualy think of getting those for my viggen... I do have two sets for it now, but eventually I want it to either get 18's or look original...

If you get a set let us know how they hold up...
Will do. I plan to hopefully have them by summer. Even if they are as soft as the oem Viggen wheels, they still are a good deal.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I just bought a new set of flat 5 spokes like the ones on Paul C. signiture. SAAB had a hell of a sale on them last week. Less than $100.00 each my cost with the big discount. They will look OK for the price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Guys - I put the Chinese replica Viggen wheels on my car. Maybe results vary, but in my experience they were just as soft as the originals and wound up ruining a set of tires. Yes, they look nice, but ultimately you get what you pay for.

Fortunately, I was able to find a nice set of 2004 9-3 Aero wheels on Craigslist and just put them on the car with a new set of rubber. Just one Viggen owner's opinion, but I'd stay away. And if you do decide to get them, check the air pressure religiously and make sure they're fully inflated at all times. One pothole is all it takes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to hear from someone that tried them. I've tried to find a source for for the MODA version, are they not of production? I'm very tempted to try the wheels from Wheels and Caps. I want to put a 'bright' wheel on my Viggen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@raresaab - the Viggen replica wheels I'm referring to are from Wheels and Caps. The previous owner of my Viggen hadn't put them on the car yet when he sold it to me. They were new, and I assumed in better shape than my OEM Viggen rims, so I put them on the car. They're off after just one year. You get what you pay for. I was very lucky to score some great 2004 9-3 Aero rims on craigslist. Set of 4 for the price of one refurbished OEM wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts