Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 93 se. my check engine light has been on and now i cant get my car inspected because of it when i clear the code te light comes back on withing anywhere from like 45 to 300 miles. i have been told it could be the bosch valve, or maybe gas cap. im wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and can give me soem ideas on what i could maybe do.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Its usually the gas cap isnt tight enough/need a new one, the purge valve is bad and or the hose running from/to it is corroded

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
There are about a dozen things that can cause EVAP leakage codes - check all the vac lines, brake booster line and their little red fittings, all intake plumbing tight, gas cap sealing.

Usually when the EVAP valve goes bad you get a code for major leak, P0455.

The valve should buzz when the engine is idling.

If it's not any of those things it might be easier (and cheaper) to pay some diagnosis time to get the intake smoke tested to check for leaks.

Drew

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
by the hose going from/to you mean the vaccume lines from/to the perge valve right, or the hose,tube going from the gas cap to the gas tank. i know the rubber vaccume lines are pretty dry rotted so maybe ill try that and the gas cap first. if the perge valve was bad wouldnt it not sound right when you spool up the turbo and let off. or maybe its not to bad yet just bad enough to set the light off but not sound any different...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i also ahve a intake cone on there to, but its the one from genuinesaab so i dont think that would cause the light to come on? Also i delted thethe resinator half way back on my exhaust with a straight pipe before i put a flowmaster on for my exhaust but i ahve been told p0455 isnt nothing to do with exhaust.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
p0455? Sounds like a purge valve. I had this code and the contacts on it needed cleaning... been fine for months now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts