Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the $15 for the 3M kit isn't bad but I couldn't find it anywhere around here, and I didn't want to wait for it, so I got a different kit. One made by Turtle wax. I picked it up at Walmart for $9.00 And tried it out on my car. I only had enough day light to do one headlight.

Before:

After:

Left done, right not

The light output is better from the restored one.

This is the kit:

Best $9 I've spent in awhile.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used a similar one by 3m on my in laws car. Lasted about 6 months. Kit had enough goods for another use. I'm curious to see how long it lasts on yours.
I'm curious as well. It came with a protecting wipe thing that is supposed to keep it clear. We'll see. But it too has enough for probably 5 or 6 uses.

I'm going to do my friends 9-5 also that have turned almost totally yellow and see how well it clears those.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I used a moderately agressive polish for my headlights and got the clear protectors for them from invisiblemask.com. The cleaned up like new and have held up well for the past year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, I never understood why it was marketed differently. Oh well, drains more pockets I guess. The coating is probably just some watered down wax as well.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I don't doubt that the 3M or TurtleWax restorative headlight products work well, I just doubt how long the effects of each truly last. Not a worry for most considering $9 or $15 isn't that big of a cost, but the best, most lasting and ultimately, cheapest way to fix the issue is through wetsanding, polishing, and wax/sealant. The process takes longer to complete of course, but such can take foggy lights and make them look brand new, meaning crystal clear. Worth it if you don't want to re-do the lights every 3 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts