Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have one laying around? Need a CHEAP clutch disc & pressure plate for a '97 900SE, basically to toss in, and evaluate the rest of the car. Clutch in it is TOAST, so I don't need an awesome one. Just something functional.

Shipping to Aspen, Colorado; a clutch & pp will fit in a priority flat rate box (one of the 11x3 ones, or something), for $11.95.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its for my brother. I know he would have a hard time paying $100 for one. He basically bought a quasi-junker '97SE 5-speed and wants to drive it to make sure it runs, before parting it out.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I've got aireeca's old clutch sitting under my tool box.

As far as I know it only slipped if being beat on.

·
7,595 Posts
It was starting to slip under WOT, but it probably had another 20K of normal "un-tuned" use left on it. For a tuned car, it was not any good anymore. In my opinion, it's not worth installing unless it was going into a car with a BROKEN clutch that was being sold a few weeks later.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
its for my brother. I know he would have a hard time paying $100 for one. He basically bought a quasi-junker '97SE 5-speed and wants to drive it to make sure it runs, before parting it out.
+
I've got aireeca's old clutch sitting under my tool box.

As far as I know it only slipped if being beat on.
+
It was starting to slip under WOT, but it probably had another 20K of normal "un-tuned" use left on it. For a tuned car, it was not any good anymore. In my opinion, it's not worth installing unless it was going into a car with a BROKEN clutch that was being sold a few weeks later.
=
Seems like a decent use to me. If you can get the clutch up to his brother by Friday, the clutch will get back to Vermont less than five years after I bought it (and the rest of the car) in Waterbury, Vt.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys (and gal!)

Basically, it'd be sweet to get something that's just taking up space and that nobody needs anymore. Like I said, I doubt this thing will ever be run; the car he bought was a massive turd, and he bought it as a parts rig. He just wants to run the engine and tranny through its paces over the road to make sure the drivetrain is quasi-tight before taking it all back apart again.

I'm sure he'd even ship the thing back to you once done if you wanted it back.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks Scott....if you're a beer / liquor guy, let me know your flavor and I'll do the 'ol booze-4-parts swap for that clutch.

EDIT

Scott....the car in need is a '97 900SE 2.0 turbo. Looking at eeuroparts, they show different cluch kits for this car, and a '99 9-3. Will it still work??

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
People use the Viggen clutch all the time in NG900's so his clutch should work with out issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts