Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop where the Hudson Valley Dyno Day was held Visions of Speed, is now selling HID kits for 300$

please email [email protected] and tell them what bulb type you currently have so we can see if it's available

let me know if you have any questions

·
7,595 Posts
interesting, I have seen many variations on HID kits, everything from an entire apparatus with bug eye lenses that self adjusts to the road in relation to the angle of the front of your car, to HID kits that are simply fake!

so what does the kit contain? are we talking ballasts and the HID bulbs basically? How does a set up such as that work in stock DOT lenses like what the 93's and 900's have? these stock lights for all intents and purposes are designed to scatter light when they are on low beam, and if I understand correctly light generated by real HIB bulbs is at some sort of a wavelength that does not take well to the scattering effect that the stock light housings will make. I don't know though, I have never seen this effect people claims exists personally. how do these kits work on lowbeam and highbeam?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
the only thing holding me back from getting a HID kit is that they are all basically illegal and I am unsure if I would still pass inspection.

the whole DOT lamp scattering thing, like DeLorean said as well as complaints of glare from improper kits, etc... or if they are "too blue" sometime the cops ticket for "impersonating a police vehicle"....plus, almost every company that makes them is under federal investigation, there is now a "war on HID" going on. What else can the goverment declare war on? breathing? air? :roll:

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i may look into a kit...just for the fact that if the bastard comin the other way is leavin his brights on like always i might as well be able to blind em right back.. :roll:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
price is for bulbs and ballasts
i have not heard of any case where they have not worked in a car
i too have heard all the stories of cops pulling guys over but i don't know how true that is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts