Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the dark grey interior panels I bought at the junkyard I pulled out my stock camel colored ones (sorry only 2 survived, but free to whoever) And installed the dark grey ones from a car with black interior.

I like the look on my car, since the dash, and upper door trim is dark grey to begin with. I also pulled the dark grey pulls, thinking I would carbon fibre decal them, but I like the camel look over grey. So, Abduckted, since I know you are looking for them, I could send them out for treatment, and if you like how they come out, if you want em, just cover the treatment price. (prolly $60)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Damn I wanted to do that! Looking Good!! :D

But actually I want the black doors with yellow inserts. Got quoted $450 for four black door panels, thought that was a bit expensive. If anyone finds them in a junkyard let me know!! I just don't want to have to paint my door panels black, cause I did that with the lower dash panels and they are all scratched up now.

How did you manage to change the center piece Tweek? When I had the door panel off, it looked like it was just glued on there...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Tweek, that looks really realy sharp.

like you said, your interior is already two-tone, why not take it a step further?LOOKS SWEET. good choice to leave the pulls camel on grey, it is nice contrast.

I think I am gonna wait on the CF pulls for a bit, I am still hoping to find Saab ones so they will match exactly my front pulls and dash... Thanks for lookin out for me, though! :wink: 8)

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Carefully peel them out with a flat head screw driver.

I am going back to that car for the head, and gearshift box thingy for ced...I will pull the interior and give you a price. :wink:

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have a tan interior, want to switch panels?? or are you looking to do whole interior?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Man Tweek..you took my idea :evil:

Im sure there's many other folks who were planning to do the same thing however.

So anyone looking to trade panels, let me know. I think the two tone look will nice. I have a tan interior looking for dark grey (black). Also for the rears, but im sure thats a straight bitch to accomplish.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i am lookin for tan.... i have gray
but there is a small scratch in one panel and a very small tear in another panel
but nm those r the rears and i have a foor door

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
yeah that looks real good...i wana do mine a grey gucci print but i cant find any sheets large enough....$$ bling bling!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Well i have all sorts of "extra" SPG seats - I may just have the SPG's door pannels re-covered with leather to match the ARM rest which I am having done as we speak - and the rest of the car (Charcoal Grey) in a Black car. Should look amazing when it's "done"

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
is it just cloth? i dont need the real shit..im a baller on budget.... 8)
like any of that bling bling is the real deal, anyways. :roll: :wink: :lol: your best bet is to just get the best deal, even if you pay good money it will probably be fake anyways.

and all those pocketbooks, sneakers and hats and belts and etc. with Gucci and Coach and Louis Vuitton print, that is all real (yeah right) and those people really paid $800 for a hat. who do they think they are fooling? :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I could probably make a set of the panel inserts in CF if anyone is interested. The only problem with taking a mold from these types of parts is that the surface is textured and it takes a lot of time sanding the mold to get a smooth, glossy finish.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts