looking very closely at my car suggests that I can use the centre console
as a direct addition to my car after I modify the way that the ashtry
mounts.

Can anyone concur that a centre console from a 1986 and up classic 900 can
be used in a 1985 or earlier car? If not, why not? Clearly there are some
issues with regard to the different cover around the handbrake and
transmission controls, but otherwise I see no obvious reasons that would
prevent a centre console from a year model of C900 which had them being
fitting to a C900 from an earlier year model which didn't.

Regards,

Craig.

·
7,595 Posts
well being that these are not US cars, and I have seen photos of cars in other countries that have variations on center consoles, I can't make a guess on it. I would say your best bet it to look around at pics of saab interiors online, see what you can see from them. I can tell you this- a canter console from an LHD car PROBABLY won't fit an RHD car because they are tilted toward the driver side of what ever car they are being removed from.

make any sense? :?:

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DeLorean said:
well being that these are not US cars, and I have seen photos of cars in other countries that have variations on center consoles, I can't make a guess on it. I would say your best bet it to look around at pics of saab interiors online, see what you can see from them. I can tell you this- a canter console from an LHD car PROBABLY won't fit an RHD car because they are tilted toward the driver side of what ever car they are being removed from.

make any sense? :?:
He he yes it does. The centre-console I was looking at was from a RHD car (Australia is a RHD country for those who don't know), so that wasn't a problem.

The hassles was shipping as it would have come from the UK. Shipping would have worked out too much as the supplier wanted to send it with FedEx! ouch! :cool:

Regards,

Craig.

·
Registered
40 Posts
g'day craig me old digger,i stayed in oz for 3 years in manley island as a kid then came back to gods own country :lol: ive got a console here on a 88 if you want it mate just pay the postage mate . hows summer down under ? warm enough to boil a monkeys bum lol :D ,let me know if you want it as i'll be getting rid of the spares car very soon

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alanssaab said:
g'day craig me old digger,i stayed in oz for 3 years in manley island as a kid then came back to gods own country :lol: ive got a console here on a 88 if you want it mate just pay the postage mate . hows summer down under ? warm enough to boil a monkeys bum lol :D ,let me know if you want it as i'll be getting rid of the spares car very soon
Ahoy there matey! :cool: G'Day Alan and welcome to the forums... It's great to see that there are Saab-ist's all around the world.

A bit like my passion for Sun Microsystems hardware which I support through my SunShack website in a way...

Do you think you could capture some pics of your car and particularly of that centre console so I do more visual checking in my car just to make sure I'm on the right track with this?

You could put the pics in a posting here using the 'Img' button to encode the URL's, or just email them privately.

Keep in touch and I might be interested in other bits and pieces too.

Have a great Christmas and NYE!

Craig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts