Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 96 9k cs. i am replacing the central locking control module. the lil black box thing. cuz my locks only work half the time

1)where is this thing? and is it hard to remove?
2)any tools i should have on hand to get it out? or is it a simple reach up and unhook and then hook up new one?
3) battery should be unplugged when swapping out modules correct?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I believe it's on the air duct just above passenger's feet. Pull down the panel, it should be on a bracket attached to the duct. Shouldn't require any special tools, shouldn't matter if battery is connected or not

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I believe it's on the air duct just above passenger's feet. Pull down the panel, it should be on a bracket attached to the duct. Shouldn't require any special tools, shouldn't matter if battery is connected or not
Correct, and it does not matter at all if the battery is connected or not.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
as in the fuse panel? i pulled down the fuse panel and looked by the relays there and couldnt find it. also looked at the air duct that comes through the fuse panel. so im guessing i should take off the panel thats attached to the center counsole side?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the flip down cover for the fuse panel and the pad. Take down the duct for passengers foot area, it should be mounted to the top of the duct
is it far back and hard to reach? or what? cause im having trouble finding this thing and which duct? there is one right next to the fuse panel. ill take a pic and post it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts