Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got a CEL last night and i got it checked out today and seem to be my Cat. And I don't know how that is. I just got my JSP DP like last fall. And I'm running s JSP STG 3 software. So I got the CEL cleared and hopefully it doesn't come back on. What do you guys think is wrong ? Should I buy a new cat and get it installed or hit up JZW to get me s retune and have him clear the CEL with the new tune ? It wouldn't be worth it if it's the same stage tune. I rather upgrade to at least and TD04 and get a Stage 4 from JZW. What should I do guys ?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hey guys I just got a CEL last night and i got it checked out today and seem to be my Cat. And I don't know how that is. I just got my JSP DP like last fall. And I'm running s JSP STG 3 software. So I got the CEL cleared and hopefully it doesn't come back on. What do you guys think is wrong ? Should I buy a new cat and get it installed or hit up JZW to get me s retune and have him clear the CEL with the new tune ? It wouldn't be worth it if it's the same stage tune. I rather upgrade to at least and TD04 and get a Stage 4 from JZW. What should I do guys ?
The cel is from the cat, you can do a couple of things, I can turn off all the stuff that evaluates the cat and it will never throw a cel related to the cat again. Two, you can try what they call a plug fauler, found at Napa, it basically moves the rear 02 sensor out of the direct stream of the exhaust and this can solve the issue and has for many. Some guys use two of them, they drill out the first one and then put the sensor in the second one and into the exhaust bung behind the cat, this will move the sensor out of the exhaust stream and it will be less likely to throw a cel.

You must clear that code right away, it will cause the ecu to block fuel adaptation and can cause the car to run lean, its dangerous to drive with that code in the car! Reset ecu right away.

Third, in the open sid function, you can see the fault before it becomes a cel, once the fault comes in, the ecu action of blocked fuel adapation occurs, even before the cel. So, keep the open sid function open and scroll to faults and make sure it is at 0, once it says 1, its already started the blocking....

John

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Well, you need to read the code to me sure. BUT: I went through hell and back trying to figure out my o2 sensor CEL I had for years with my stage 5 ng900 with the JSP full 3" exhaust. Long story short, after new o2 sensors, a re-do of the engine wiring loom, and all sorts of little things, it ended up being the JSP downpipe at fault: basically, the rear o2 sensor bung that JSP used was too long and pulled the o2 sensor out of the exhaust stream causing a sensor 2 inactivity code. I had a new shorter bung welded in and just like that, the CEL never came back.

My code came on about 7 months after I installed my JZW tune so I don't know why it took that long, but it is just something to consider if the smaller things don't work.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn John thank you for the infomation. the first part sounds easy. the 2nd party sounds kinda dangerous lol. im tryna fix the safest way. I will let you know if i will need a re tune or not here. ill see what i want to do here. right now the i been driving th car and the CEL hasnt came back on yet.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like lms asked. whats the code?

it may have been just some bad gas
You maybe right, I haven't been using name brand has like chevron or shell. I been using like gas connected to a grocery store. But I still use premium. I just filled up with oct 92 chevron last night. I needa go for a drive get all the nasty stuff out. I'll let u know if the code comes back on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts