Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my car, but a friend is having big problems with her 900SE.

We swapped the DI about 4 weeks ago, then we swapped out the Map sensor, and cleared the ECU. Problem seemed to be solved. So we swapped back in old Map sensor, and no problem.

2 weeks ago, Car stalling out again, replaced Fuel pump, after gassing back up car ran fine for a few miles.

Today, I looked at the car and can't get the CEL codes out with the tips on Munki's site. I want to try swapping out the Map sensor again, but that leaves me without a car for a while.

Any advice on how to get the codes out? Or what could possibly be wrong?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Is it still stalling now, or is the CEL light just on but the car is running fine?

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both, but we swapped in my map sensor again. I am lending to her for 2 days to really test out. Then, if all goes well, she will order one for her car.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Good deal.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A faulty MAP sensor will not throw a CEL. It will make the engine run rich, though, and it will be jerky in low gear. It is much more apparent with a manual transmission.
I had to go through the process of elimination (with the help of the SAAB agent and their TechII) to fix it.

Apparently the IAT sensor and the temperature sensor in the coolant loop can also do this without throwing a CEL.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Running rich was a problem, but she did have a cel when I got to the car. We put my map on, and cleared the ecu. So far so good. I will call her at like 3ish when she gets to work.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If IAT sensor, CEL should flash 3x. IAT fault may not always throw CEL but usually does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts