Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got home this eavning after6 weeks in florence italy anbd my 9-3 wont start. it wantys to but it wont. after i tried for a while the lights started to dim so nowi def need to charge the battery if i didnt before. but i tried to jump it with my friends car and that didnt work, though i think i may not have left it on long enough. anyways any ideas would be appreciated. thanx.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea this sounds like your classic dead battery problem.

Generally if you leave your car parked somewhere for a decent amount of time, you want to disconnect the battery (make sure you have your radio code), otherwise it will drain on its own due to some accessories still using battery power.

Sometimes if the battery is drained all the way, you will find it difficult to keep the battery charged. In this case you need to either leave your car on for a good while, or have the batter recharged by an automotive shop.

If that doesn't work, the battery may need replacing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the suggestion but i got it running. i called the local saab dealer and asked the service guy his opinion and he didnt explain the reason but said to hold down the gas about an inchand just keep crankin it for 30+ seconds and it does somethin like clean out the cylinders he didnt really say. but after bout 10-15 sec it started up and has run fine all day since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts