Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
i went to eject a cd from my single in-dash stock cd player the other night and it made a funny noise and my SID stated there was a disc eject error. if i try to play the cd that is stuck in there, it says there is a problem reading the disc. and now everytime i try to eject the cd it makes a funny noise. i've tried researching how to fix this myself without taking out the radio or going to the dealer to have it fixed, and the only thing i've found is to try unplugging the battery for 30 seconds, and reattaching the battery and hope that it resets the cd player and ejects it... just wondering if anybody else has any tips, hints, or solutions! thanks ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cd still stuck, dealership wont help

so i took my car to the dealer for service and to have an aux-in enabled after i installed the kit myself, and i asked the mechanic about the stuck cd. he said they dont do any work that involves taking the cd player apart to get it unstuck, that they used to send in the whole unit to have it fixed. so basically he told me i am SOL on getting the cd out. they wont do it, i dont want to have it sent in, and im afraid to do it myself. any suggestions?!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
If you were in the NH area i could help you out..(awesomeinstalls.com) (shameless plug sorry) i just did this in my mom's 9-5. It is fairly simple. and i asume that the system is about the same in the 2004 9-3 as the 2003 9-5... or at least the concept should be

you remove the whole audio Unit. once out place on a workbench and take the plates holding the different pieces apart (ie cd player radio etc) and then you can use needle nose pliers or soething else to carefully remove the cd manually. It isn't hard just nerve wracking if you aren't used to taking the car apart. pretty easy though.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
I am in the same boat with our 04'. There is a guy on here selling NEW single slots for $160. Used, they are $75-150 depending on your luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the odd thing is, is that it still works every time. if i try to eject the cd, its makes a funny noise and says disc eject error. it then wont read the cd for the rest of that car ride. but once i turn off the car and turn it on again next time, it reads the cd just fine. i thought it might be weather related because it has been around 10-20 degrees F lately here in Michigan, but i havent been using it as much because a) im sick of that cd now lol and b) i got the aux-in kit for my ipod.

i still want to get it working so i think i will just try to work on it myself. i know how to get the radio unit out because i did the aux-in it myself, ill just be nervous as hell working around the cd and lasers though. Thanks for the suggestions everyone! i will let you know how it works out, i might try it within the next few days

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright so the other day i pulled the whole unit it out, set it on a work bench and went to work taking it apart and trying to figure everything out. I managed to get to the cd and pull it out with needle nose pliers. i put everything back together and it wasnt even that hard. a little nerve-wracking, but pretty easy nonetheless if you keep track of which screws go where and how it all fits together. i put the whole unit back into my car, and i thought i was done. turns out, when i changed it to cd as the source, it was trying to read a cd still but obviously there was nothing in there. im thinking this is because the computer thought there should be one in there because thats how it was last time the car was turned on. so im thinking perhaps simply unplugging the battery for a bit will restart that system properly. i will test this idea out soon and let you guys know how it works.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
careful on the battery disconnect as i have heard all sorts of stories about the new 9-3's and the batteries being jumped connected disconnected etc and it being a very very bad time. got a local indy that can just reset the whole car? then do some uphill high WOT adaptation runs in the early morning cold?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i know of a place near me that has a techII and could reset the car for free. but what does the uphill WOT adaptation do? I'm not familiar with that stuff, and all i know is that wot means wide open throttle lol

Also! a new problem :(
i think the wire that goes to my bass speaker is cutting in and out, as sometimes i have a lot of bass response and sometimes its not there... i try turning the knob and it doesnt do anything. treble is working fine, just the bass once in awhile. it went out once a while back but was working for a few weeks, and then just the other day it started cutting out again. could a lose wire be the cause of this? its a stock stereo and speaker system on an 04 9-3. any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts