Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, the CD Player in our '04 9-3 Conv is starting to fail. Occasionally it won't play certian CDs, or it will just eject them saying "disc read error".

Does the CD Player need to be divorced from the system (other than unplugging it), and will a new one need to be married?

Also, if it does, how would I go about doing this? Do I need a Tech II?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, well I guess I should have looked in my WIS before asking... I have the answer.

It does need to be divorced correctly than married to the new car using the same proceedure that you would use with any control module.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
If you just swap them it should work.

It would give an 'ADD' error to a tech looking at the car with a Tech2, but the CD would function. The ICM radio control panels can just be swapped without programming too.

The only modules that absolutely have to be programmed to work are the ECU, the CIM, the SRS controller, and the TCM for automatic transmission, although I think the SRS controller might not work.

Other parts won't keep the car from starting, but some functions related to that module might not work till it was programmed, like fog lights, or CD changer vs. CD player.

If you have one handy to swap just try it, they're easy to change.

Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts