Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not - post up the cars of the 80's you can't seem to forget and would love to own, or have owned and regret getting rid of.

I'll start with a few iconic TV/Movie famed 80's cars.

"Bandit" or "KITT"

Trans-Am/Firebird

DeLorean

A-Team GMC G-Van

·
Registered
890 Posts
The above, plus:

Dodge Omni Turbo, fun small American car

Volkswagen Scirocco 16v, cool looking coupe

Buick GNX Grand National, American hot rod with no V8

Honda CRX Si, for a daily driver

Lamborghini Countach, classic 80s supercar

early 80s Porsche 911 Turbo for all the turbo lagging tail wagging fun

Porsche 944 Turbo, one of the best looking of the 80s

Subaru Brat, because everybody needs a pick up truck with seats on the bed...

Jeep Cherokee, grandaddy of the SUVs

Ferrari Mondial, one of the most forgotten Ferraris, but I like its styling

Ferrari Testarossa, it doesn't get much more 80s than that!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Diesel Chevette 2dr.

Dodge 600ES turbo vert.

Festiva SHOGun

Subaru XT

Choo-Choo Customs El Camino SS

'89 TTA

Triple-White vanilla ice 5.0

********* EDIT *************

How the hell could I forget this one!?!

Spirit R/T FTW.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Glad to see some turbo Mopars in there. Those cars have some easily-modified and seriously torquey motors in them. A fine example is Brian Slowe's Dodge Shadow--339 peak hp and 498 ft/lbs of torque at 16 psi!

I'd like to have a Shelby GLHS (Goes Like Hell Somemore)...

Or a tricked Rampage...

I've already got this. Has a modified 2.5 turbo II motor in it and a bunch of go-fast goodies--lots of fun sleeper. Although it's been garaged since 2007. It would kick any of my SAABs collective asses in a straight-line dead heat but it doesn't handle any where near as well. Even with the SLH brake package and the Shelby Daytona suspension on it.

Buddy had one of these Eclipse GSXs (purchased new) which was a ball--but can you say torque steer?

My brother-in-law has a Buick Grand National (also bought new) which has been modified into a beast, so I gotta give some props to that car. He let me borrow it for a week when my car was in the shop. Serious turbo kick in the ass we love, but with rear-wheel drive it's a whole other experience.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The above, plus:

Dodge Omni Turbo, fun small American car

Porsche 944 Turbo, one of the best looking of the 80s
My dad had a dodge omni turbo a 8 or so years back, bought it for 200 bucks, sold it for 500.

As for the porsche 944... beautiful. That and the Mitsu. Starion are some of the sexiest looking cars in my opinion. Someone was selling a black 944 turbo here a year ago, should've got my shit together and bought it :(

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
That is so assininely over-the-top Grandpa, it isn't funny. What a peach. I'd trade my Aero for one in a heartbeat!!!
That's what I love about it. It's a freakin' K car and I get compliments on it whenever I drive it. I used to take it to both classic car shows and Mopar muscle shows and it would win trophies at both. The best though is the looks I would get from guys who though they were driving some super fast car when they got smoked by a K. When my son Matt was around 12 we used to go out driving just to smoke people in Porsches and 5.0 Stangs. He would be freakin' giddy--best wire-wheel-hubcap wearin' sleeper evar!

BTW, that car is where my screen name comes from.

·
Registered
223 Posts
OHHHH - I forgot about this gem;

Turbo Caravan's 2.5L Turbo FWD :)
I saw one of these the other day while I was driving with my wife. The guy was stopped in front of a store, and if it wasn't for her I was ready to walk up and offer to buy it, but she emphatically told me no. She doesn't get it.. =)

Alot of my choices have already been posted with the exception of the Renault Turbo 5..

I also REALLY want a Stratos, more of a 70's car, but I think they made a few in the early 80's..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts