Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we have DrewP on board, making the trip down.

I'll be there at 630a, red SPG, usual spot 1-2 rows from the back.

Anyone else nearby, c'mon down.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Is Christian going to come too?

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think he's going to try. He'll probably have to leave early though.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Planning on coming down with my girlfriend, but likely not until 7:30ish. Not sure how long she'll be able to handle it and if I'm dragging her out it's more fun to see the cars all leave than anything.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent. And agreed. Even under the watchful eye of the Irvine PD, it's fun to watch the noisemakers leave the lot.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Excellent. And agreed. Even under the watchful eye of the Irvine PD, it's fun to watch the noisemakers leave the lot.
Watchful my ass, I got pretty sideways last time and they didn't bother haha. I'm 90% sure I'll be there guys!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should have washed my car today. Supposed to be rainy tomorrow. Boo. I might show up dusty and water-spotted. :)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The rain this morning IS how I washed my car!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking of pulling my car outside right now and giving it a wash, then back in the garage to dry. But my neighbors would think I'm insane (if they don't already).

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, just washed it in the rain, dried it in the garage. Definitely got a few strange looks. Roads had better be dry by morning!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Ok, so I may not be able to make it out... My girlfriend has been wanting to go to Disneyland forever and one of her friends got us free tickets for Saturday. Her friend is a toy soldier in the parade and I guess they are filming ABC's Christmas Day parade so they get tickets to give to friends/family that day.

So right now we're undecided. There is plenty of time to get out early and still make Dland by 10, but it would make for a really long day and we're not exactly morning people to begin with.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries guys, next time. Turnout was pretty low again today, guessing because it was damn cold, and next weekend is a holiday, so people are probably planning for that one.

We had in attendance:

DrewP's c900
William's 9000 CSE
Justin's 9-5 combi
A silver 9-5 sedan (Forgot his name...)
A Turbo X sedan (Left after like 20 minutes...)
My SPG

Some nice cars on display but much lower turnout sort of put the kibosh on things.

Part of the group:

Christian's favorite:

2CV6

Ha:

I think this is a DB Panhard?:

Elan S2:

My sister spotted the hot tunes in the 8 track:

Hotness:

Stopwatch. Neat.

Maser.

Collecting ourselves before a drive up Coast Highway.

About to leave, we noticed Justin had a flat:

Couple vids of Drew's exhaust:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Fun fun fun morning, and I was even home for lunch like I told the wife!

New member with the '06 9-5 is Paul, we had a quick bite at Ruby's in Seal Beach, and he pestered me about getting a dyno day set up....

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again for trekking down here. Was a great surprise to see William too. He cracks me up.

A dyno day would be excellent!

We should do C&C again with the LASC in the spring or summer when it's busier. It's quite the spectacle.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I see a rear quarter of a Bizzarini in those shots -- would love to see more of that one. But what the heck is that small displacement blue thing next to the Elan?

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I see a rear quarter of a Bizzarini in those shots -- would love to see more of that one.
I think that's an Iso Grifo that you're referring to? I didn't get any shots today but someone else did last time I was there:

But what the heck is that small displacement blue thing next to the Elan?
I'm not positive -- up above I ask next to the photo if it's a DB Panhard? That's my best guess. The badges said "DB" so while I was uploading pics I did a little google fu.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Ah, you're right. Iso.

A DB Panhard, eh? Never seen it before. Interesting.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Wow, low turnout for the head-turners but nice Saab turnout!

Definitely count me and the misses in for the next one. Funny because we were talking about C&C with her friends in line today and she said she would probably get bored easily. Then just looking through the pictures in this thread she got really excited about it. Jeff = win! =)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts