·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

yankton 9000, that happens to live about 15 minutes from me

sensonic 900, with door poppers

9-2x

"tech session" on a 93 rally car

managed to knock myself out last night, so be sure you wear a helmet when you ride your bicycle

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Nice pics. I saw that guy's car with the door poppers at the Saab Owners Convention last year. I wonder how much that costs to get installed, and get your doors shaved...Looks sweet...And so does that 92 X....Sorry about your wreck...Wear a helmet :lol:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I like that vent how it takes the air from the open cuts on the hood, nice job. Also the door handles shaved look awesome.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
More Pics From Carlisle!

DeLorean and I set up a small quanity of Saab parts - sadly I sold nothing and he sold little - if we were able to be there all weekend it woulda been better for selling. Oh well - next time.

The Cruise that lasted all but 10 miles to and back on Saturday due to an unknown wreck which shut the road down.... oh well, i had overheating problems anyways :p

Jonesey of Saabsavior has always had a very impressive Saab - lots of work has been done.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
what the hell is a door popper.???

·
Registered
546 Posts
b dash rian – Hey it was nice to meet you, sorry to hear about the head wounds. You need to post a pic of that bug in your taillight.

I got to talk to the guy with the red Sensonic NG900 with the shaved doors. He said he sheet rocked a guys basement in exchange for the body work on the door handles. Who ever did it was amazing because he did a perfect job shaving the handles. The doors open with a remote. There is a spring in the door to push it open and a remote solenoid to pull up on the lock. The door pops oven 4-5 inches when the remote is pushed.

·
10,303 Posts
Damn, I have an article in an old European car on that Red Sensonic.

Shit there were some nice cars. All I did was watch my sister graduate, and get kicked off campus for chair diving. :lol:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks ERP, i think i have a picture of my pet in the taillight

hes been in there since last july, and he sure as hell isnt coming out, mainly cause i both too lazy, and its too hard to get in there to pull him out
o well
it was a really good show i thought. I really want a stroker now, and as soon as i find room for one, it might happen

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
great pics evryone!! wish i was around there....or better yet wish all of you were around here!! i also wish i have shaved door handles.....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
damn looking on ebay for some door poppers that shit is awesome. Going to get that done right away. Will have to do that when i get my car painted.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
hey in case anybody is wondering:

thats me hanging out of my car, my dad walking around the passenger side, and i think you can see Jak from saabnet's feet hanging out from under the car :lol: :lol: . he was attempting to get me 5th gear back, but it seems that its an internal trans issue, not an adjustment one :roll: . but you can get into 5th one time per ride as long as you catch it before the car warms up too much :wink: . nice pics BurnsSide :) .

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
thanks Paul - next time perhaps you and I will get a chance to talk more - I wasn't sure exactly who/where you were from, but I gathered DeLorean knew ya from previous meets.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Why would they be?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
rcmdesign said:
No one answered this...Are door poppers illegal :!: :?:
i dont think they are, its an old hot rod trick you see it pretty often on old cars, and ive never heard about them being illegal. as for not being able to get into them open in an accident you can add an emergency manual release for them and im sure that most rescue personnel are familiar with them, and if not they'll just tear your door off :wink: .

Paul

1 - 19 of 19 Posts