1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Marc Fails:

150 in 2004?
Get ready For SAABs @ Carlisle 2004

We all look forward to this time of year, with the 2004 car show and SAAB Event season almost upon us; it's time to start thinking about, what else? SAABs @ Carlisle 2004. Sadly however, we learned yesterday that Carlisle Events Co-founder, Chip Miller has passed away at the age of 61. Chip, his partner Bill Miller and the entire Carlisle staff have been instrumental in helping us build the event. We want to honor the memory of Chip Miller this year with another Club Participation Award and a donation to The Chip Miller Foundation.

The Central Penn SAAB Club, with the support of their friends from The Washington DC SAAB Club (WASSAAB), The New Jersey SAAB Owners Club, The New England SAAB Association, the New York SAAB Owners Club and The Swedish Underground, will converge at The 16th Annual Carlisle Import Kit and Replicar Nationals, May 21-23, 2004, in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

We will once again be up against some stiff competition for the club participation award, which SAAB owners took away from the long standing owner of the trophy, The Mid-Atlantic Fiero Owners Association, by the slimmest of margins; One SAAB in 2002 and only six cars in 2003. Our Fiero friends, lead by Bob Schlag, were shocked once again at the outcome, and they will certainly pull out all the stops to regain their place on top. The SAAB loyal have proven we are the best chance of outpacing the well-organized Fiero group, as we bested the BMW's by more than 60 cars, and the Volvo's came in third in 2003, after only fielding about a dozen cars in 2002.

With the support of several area dealers, including Lehman SAAB, Kelly SAAB, Eisenhauer SAAB, Hunt Valley SAAB and Sports Car Service, and vendors Viking Wheel Service and State of Nine, we will again host The People's Choice Awards. SAAB's will be parked on the show field by model type; Aeros on Aero Avenue, Viggens on Viggen Valley Road and so on. There will be door prizes, a silent auction, and the best part; lunch provided free of charge on Saturday, with only one small catch. You must complete your voting ballot: "No Votes, No Vittles". The soup was a big hit last year, and the food committee reassures me that it will be on the menu once again this year. Hopefully, we'll get a break from the terrible weather, as the event is a week later this year.

This year in order to participate, you must be registered through us to ensure that your car(s) count in the official participation contest. If you register directly with Carlisle, it has become increasingly difficult to track down every last car for the vote tally. If you want to park with us and enjoy the SAAB festivities, this isn't too much to ask. Other regular features of the event will include a Friday evening dinner, Saturday afternoon tour through the scenic rolling countryside, and a dinner stop along the way. SAABs @ Carlisle T-Shirts will be available, with original artwork by John Webber. The 2004 artwork will feature a convertible this year.

For more details, or to be added to the e-mail distribution list, contact Marc Fails at [email protected] or 717.215.4216. The Carlisle Fairgrounds is easily reached from either Pennsylvania Turnpike Exit 16, or Interstate 81. Hope to see you there. Additional information, including on-line registration and payment will be another added feature this year. Information will be posted at: www.centralpennsaab.com within the next week.

Marc Fails
President, Central Penn SAAB Club

"Be there or be square",
Ron Nichipor
Board of Directors, Central Penn SAAB Club
http://www.saabrun.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=126

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
does a group of 3 need to roll in together?
if so, i can find three saabs in PGH to roll with, other wise ill be a 3rd in someones party

Brian

·
10,303 Posts
I cant, I'm working that week, plus I am going to Cleve's Meet in Ohio. the 21 and 22. And my sis graduates the 23, so by then I think I will be all outa steam.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok - DeLorean and I are looking for a 3rd by the end of Wed. night to pay pal me $5 so I can put u on our list of 3 or more so it's only $5 registration vs. the normal $20 EACH. Anyone care to get on the cheap rate - PM ME or IM me via AOL or YAHOO. My SN are on file with SaabLink. Peace!
http://www.centralpennsaab.com/sacdetails.html

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Do we have to pay per person, or per car? Also, where do we stay the night? Can we show up for only one day? I am interested in going...Up in the Erie area though...Might be able to meet up with some people in Pittsburgh to cruise with. But i need more details about the event itself...maybe I should check some of those links out first...I always wanted to hit up Carlisle since I drive by there everytime I go home to see my girl...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes - read the last link I posted - should answer ALL those questions. And as far as I am awear - it's PER CAR. could be wrong, but I think i'm correct.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kewl - so, you planning on going then? Want to go and be in it for $5?? If ya do send me it via pay pal (PM me and I'll give ya it) and then I'll pay for the 3 of us - unless anyone else by the time I Pay wants in for the 3-6 (?) sign up for $5 each.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
awesome, ill roll with you rcm
and is there any hotel that everyone is staying @?
cause ill be bringing my dad, he'll be on a bike,
I Pay wants in for the 3-6 (?) sign up for $5 each.
does that mean 3-6 people, and it only costs 5 bucks each, cause if so, could you take the $ i sent you for the stickers, and use that for the $5? ( i think there was more than 5)

Brian

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heh - yeah. I need to get that refund for those decals... I don't think that's ever going to happen.... :cry: but yeah, I'll add ya to my list - just you tho. Send me you and your car details - either in a PM or via e-mail - something so I can fill out your specs. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah - so i need to know within the next 20 hours who's in - I got Myself, DeLorean, D_rain so far - anyone else?? I am planning to either stay over nite one day, or just commute. I live near Philly - I've yet to mapquest the distance to see how much of a haul it is - but i can't see it truely being all that much in comparison to some other folk. (it's about a 2 hour drive each way for me I found out)

Also - My Prom is that Friday - so I will not be there ON Friday - Will go on Sat. and or Sunday.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just want to clarify the $5 rate so there isn't any confusion. To register one car it is $20; your second car is $10 and your third and additional cars are at the $5 rate. In order to get this pricing, Carlisle requires that they all be your own cars. Based upon Carlisle's rules, you can't consolidate a group of individuals and their cars to come up with a discounted rate. For example, I have my 4 cars that I own, registered under the discount. I could allow these cars to be driven by friends to the show, but they all have to belong to the person named on the registration. Carlisle reserves the right to require proof of ownership at the time of check-in.

Carlisle's office is open 7am -7pm Friday and 7am to 4pm on Saturday. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Marc
SO - it looks like we're all on our own. Oh well - woulda been nice if it worked out how we thought. so it's $20 for 1 car (2 ppl all weekend) .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts