Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 Saab 9000 Aero, 280k+, beat to hell... that said the plugs keep getting carbon tracking leading to a stutter/misfire at boost.. I thought this meant a problem with the Cassette but it just wont fail. It only fouls the plugs but has never failed. Could there be a bad ground somewhere that is causing this? or do I need to go get some di-electric grease or what? Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Rich A/F mixtures can cause carbon fouling. Same can be said for lack of quality air intake.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Wait... carbon tracks on the outside of the back of the ceramic insulator? Like where the DI boots slide on? Dielectric grease should help that, narrowing the plug gap down a little should help too.

Carbon fouling the insulator tip inside the combustion chamber is something else entirely.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would any of these things fix my stutter at boost now? or is it all just preventative maintence for when I get another set of plugs?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I had a black DIC layin around and my buddy has been tellin me for a while to try it, and yes ive read the DI cassette final word thread but I threw it in and I haven't done a WOT run but it seems to be much smoother and boosting into the red. It seemed alil rougher driving from a stop but crusin seems much smoother. Any ideas on this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.