Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my new 9-3 smooth style sideview mirror covers decalled to look like carbon fibre, then clear coated.

Cost: $65 for the pair. (not including 9-3 mirror covers)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Looks reeeally good. You should also try to get the triangles done as well (where the mirror mounts to). When are you getting them painted?

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next up I am going to do the trim, and door pulls. (outside) and possibly the rear stock spoiler.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tweek, that looks great. I kinda do a vinyl graphics business on the side and I have a roll of carbon fiber look vinyl but never thought of using it like that on the sideviews...I can't really tell what your pattern is though, does it actually have a nice woven pattern or is it more like this?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did my door pulls inside with the carbon fiber sheets you can get on eBay . Looks good. The mirror's and pillars outside are also done in the carbon fiber stuff, but the mirrors look weird because I had to stretch it a little bit. The pillars look very cool but I get bubbles under them sometimes... probably would have to redo them eveyr few years. Though I can't think of any other way to replace those ugly peeling covers that the pillars had on them ><. Where did you get he 9-3 mirror covers? Also - wht kind of paint stores can do the carbon fiber? Is there a temr used ot describe it- or is it just reffered to as 'carbon fibering' stuff ;)?

Sorry to dig up old topics. Just interested in new ideas for mine ^^.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I'd like to get those new ones sometime soon. I wonder when Nick is going to start carrying them.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think with Nick you just tell him you want them. Or just order them off the sight.

The method of carbon fibreing mine, was to have them decalled actually. The same process that camo shotguns, and RVs.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i too like the new m3 style mirrors, but i would much rather have them painted to match the car than carbon fiber.

i like the blinkers in the mirror as well.

~justin

·
Registered
145 Posts
saabguy said:
i too like the new m3 style mirrors, but i would much rather have them painted to match the car than carbon fiber.

i like the blinkers in the mirror as well.

~justin
I saw those - does anyone have a picture of them on a Saab? I was worried they might not fit well, or look weird when attached. My mirrors are faded and bet up though so it mgiht be time to get some new ones.

Nick does carry the M3 mirrors on his site, with and without motors and blinkers, BTW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts