Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what do you guys think of this grill that I made with CF? This is still with the raw fiber finish and has not be top coated, but it gives you the idea. This is a complicated piece to make so I am not sure about volume but could be a cool limited run. :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think it looks cool. If it were for a 9000 cse or a c900 Id be interested.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Kevin with the grill you should consider doing different styles for the front girll like with the middle bar not there, or doing the 9-3 girl.

But your CF is comming out very nice, good work.

Dan

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan, 9-3 girl? Is that some type of slick indicating what is really on your mind? :lol: :lol:

I am not to sure how many others I would make unless there was an advance order because these smaller pieces take as much time as a bigger piece to layup once the molds are made.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ha-ha ya I guess so, missed that typo.

Why no just do the 9-3 style instead? From what I have seen more people are looking to find the new style grill. People that own the NG900, I just picked up a newer style grill the other day at the junk yard because I think it looks better, the lines flow smother.

Any way you go your CF is coming along very nice, and anything in CF looks better then what it did.

Also did you receive my mirror cover yet?

Any pictures of the Viggen spoiler in CF?

Dan

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only problem with the 9-3 grill is that from a performance stand point the openings are actually smaller = less air. OK, now its probably not going to make that big a difference, but hey the grill thing was just something I was kicking around for me.

Still no mirror. If nothing by tomorrow, send me the tracking numer.

Spoiler waiting for sand and buff then off to get a mold. Tooling gel coat due from supplier Mon or Tues. Mold making takes about a week or two because you cannot build up to many layers quickily or the mold will warp or get surface blisters = scrap (don't ask how I know).

Kevin

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
you mean a grill like this? i cut the middle bar out and the hand layed some carbon fiber over the old piece..i love the look myself..and cant wait to add the little aero turbo badge to it.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
9-3 grill with no bar, and black "slats" behind mesh are removed for MAX airflow.... :p :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts