Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
that would be cool!

but i think ill only buy one if i ever put my car in shows and win awards! :wink:

if i really wanted to reduce weight, like they were saying, pull out my subs and amps....

hope to see the hoods on at least a few saabs though!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Id be up for it. If anyone is still on Saabnet, see if you can get him to post here. Just because you get a Carbon Fiber hood doesn't make it rice if its painted. Plus, I'm just looking for a vented hood to keep bay temps down. :roll:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i would rather keep the weight over the fron t wheels, but i think i may buy one for looks, as i think i wil enter my car in the aftermarkey car show here next year

this year there wer no saabs, and a Subaru wagon won the Modified European class
figure that one out

Brian

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea i plan to go to show this summer, if my car is ready by then.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Maybe a carbon fiber rear hatch would be better while keeping the weight on the front wheels and reducing the weight in the rear for increased roll stability and control in the corners to include better ET's in the quarter.

that might be interesting...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea it may reduce a lot of weight, but it would be reeealy hard to create and have fit correctly.

I have seen CF trunks for a VR4 Galant, and it looked pretty neat.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
The only reason I would want one is for the intake on the hood.... i dont know if they could do that.... but that would be awesome

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Intake on the hood is only if you have a top mount intercooler. Other than that its not good for anything.

A reversed "EVO" style vent helps to suck out warm air from under the hood.

·
Registered
251 Posts
the hood scoop could be a good place for an intake......but either the intake would be going over the engine and soak up a lot of heat if the scoop were in the middle, or the scoop would be offset closer to where intake is which would be the best option, but might not look as good.

·
10,303 Posts
Hey neat looking car :D

For those that like the look of carbon fibre, (like me) but hate the light wieght (like me) Look around for a body shop that specializes in floating decals. I dont know exactly what its called. But its how they get all those camoflaged bass boats and whatnot. My body guy is having my sideview mirrors decaled, then we are painting body color to look like the speed is peeling the paint off the carbon fibre. I thought about the hood, but his tank may not be large enough.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i saw a demo of that process on TV, They do it with shotguns too
i think if i want the CF, ill get the hood, but only put it on for shows and stuff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts