Saab Link Forums banner

Carbon 3 Gauge Pod Installed

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  citronxbeige 
#1 ·
Hey guys, here is a pic of the 3 gauge pod installed in the car. With all the wires feeding each gauge (each one is actually two digital gauges) I thought it might be a problem, but all worked out well. The red buttons you see in the pic are the gauge reset button. The gauges are sPA digital gauges - fuel pressure / voltage, oil pressure / oil temp, boost / EGT. I have a separate guage for wide band O2 that is only used doing diagosnitics.

See less See more
#2 ·
That lookes awesome Kevin cant wait to be buying that form you. Can you post a picture of what the gauges look like when they are on in the dark?

Thanks,

Dan

#5 ·
I think everyone is suffering from CF overload. With all the stuff I post, it kind of like "oh, what another CF pic from Yankton." The gauges turned out well and I will post a powered up pic at some point. However, since the car is currently in a state of madness, there won't be any soon. I am busy trying to get all the electronic wiring sorted out before the final dash assembly.

#7 ·
Kevin...,

I'll never grow tired of what your doing.., I think it's awesome. I'm guessing that one day you'll figure out how to make a complete Carbon Fiber Car. That ought to shave off about a "G" on weight. I'm guessing you probably shaved about 50+ lbs on the hood, and nicely done I might add.

But if I had to create a dreamlist, and you needed something to think about during your break from creating.. (and for my XMAS gift): :)

... wider lighter fenders to accomodate wider tires with side vents; :D :D :D
... front, back, sideskirts (using a more durable compound); :)
... Speaker box :shock:

Okay..that speaker box was probably pushing it..., :p but thought you needed a challenge to think about ...or not.. :lol: :lol:

But would love to start a payment plan to get some of your products this very moment. Any idea when the sale begins?...might help offset the cost of your next few projects.

regards

#8 ·
Well, to tell you the truth, I am a little behind on where I wanted to be by this time. As my skills have improved, I realized what crap my earlier molds were and I was not willing to accept the lesser quality parts coming from those molds. So, I have basically stopped, gone back and re-made all my old molds. All the hood molds had small defects and some of the other molds were not up to par (ouch $$$$ :shock: ).

Also, in working out some of the details for new parts I made like the DI cover, I found that there are serious fit problems that made me totally rethink the design. Since I am also a tuner, you can be pretty much assured that anything I ship has been test fitted. With the DI cover for example, the flat top design was too wide and not fitting properly in the valve cover. I must have used a sample cover that did not have the cassette fully inserted when making the mold. The good note is that I decided to make a cover the conforms to the shape of the standard DI cassette and to tell you the truth, I think it looks better than the flat one. I will post a pic once I put down the clear top coat. Also, for an update, I should have the viggen style ( :wink: ) rear wing mold finished in a couple days which means that the first carbon wing should be rolling off the mold after Christmas. There has also been some interest in the standard rear wing in CF so I am doing that also (since it is easy :) )

#11 ·
Kevin, will you be putting prices on any of these items when they come out. I'd love to see the viggen or even stock style wing in CF some time!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.