Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was upgrading to GS sport bushings in the front, and my 900S 2.3 was jacked up for about a week or so.

Finally buttoned-up the bushing job, and lowered the car and it wouldn't turn-over, although it would crank.

Checked the spark on the plugs: ok
Replaced the fuel pump: wanted to as a preventative anyways
Chaged the starter: it was on its way out (and I accelerated it).

Doesn't seem to be getting fuel. Dropped in a bit of starting fluid, it started and then just died.

FPR is less than 1.5 years old.

Could there be something with the fuel filter?

Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Did you replace the fuel pump during this week you had the car down? I would bet something happened there...

I don't think a bad fuel filter would prevent you from starting the car. I think you would've possibly noticed longer start times and rougher running before it totally clogged up. Just a thought though, only vehicle I've done a fuel filter on was an '88 Ford Ranger...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you replace the fuel pump during this week you had the car down? I would bet something happened there...

I don't think a bad fuel filter would prevent you from starting the car. I think you would've possibly noticed longer start times and rougher running before it totally clogged up. Just a thought though, only vehicle I've done a fuel filter on was an '88 Ford Ranger...
I replaced the filter after it wouldn't start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts