Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think that my di might be on the way out. i have driven the car pretty hard a couple of times and by that i mean at full boost and after slowing down and driving normal. i loose power. i then release the clutch and it completely stalls. what does this mean?

thanks,

Ben Y.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
hey and welcome to the site.

i think it might be that the ecu is learning too fast, and is getting used to the WOT, and when you drive normal, it's like it's recieving less input and doesn't know what to do, so it might just be that it gets confused, so when you completely let it idle, it's too low for it to realize, and shuts down

just a random thought, sorry i don't know for sure, how long exactly do you run it wide open?

~justin

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see where that would be the ecu running lean and stalling, but it really shouldn't be doing that it seems to me. i haven't had any cel flashes since i replaced my O2 sensor a few months ago. might there still be some codes that need to be checked? could it be something faulty: alternator, starter....

Ben Y.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Im not sure what it could be but i dont think its your DI mine was going and it would only start to stall at LOW RPMS, so when i stopped at a traffic light i had to rev my engine and everyone would look at me.

·
10,303 Posts
Hmm odd when I am on the road, I set cruise to about 85. When I hit a toll both it does this too. I am gonna swap DI Cassetes and test if I head out to Tanners Sat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts