Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a Saab 900 S the other day. It was automatic so everytime I switched it from drive to reverse, or something like that, and started moving the whole car would start shaking. It also did it sometimes when slowing done. The thing is that after driving for a little while, the rumbles got less worse and eventually almost stopped. I asked the car dealership about it and the assured me that it was normal. Is it normal or is there something wrong with the car. :?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
How cold was it outside? When I start up my car in 5 degree weather it shakes like there is no tomorrow! Then as the car warms up and the temperature gauge gets up, it stops rumbling and shaking the car. Just a normal procedure for such a powerful DOHC engine :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blamed

I asked my dad about this and he said that the car did it because of the fact that it has front wheel drive. I said it could have been because of the cold weather, but he still blames it on the front wheel drive. Is he right? (for some reason he has something against Saabs :roll: )

·
Registered
127 Posts
What year was the 900S? The early automatics did have this problem, from the factory, as I recall. I noticed it when I test drove an automatic '95 ('cause that's all they had on the lot at the time) and was told that it was normal at the time.

·
10,303 Posts
My moms 98 900s seems to do this. I blame it on driver neglect :wink: , then she reminds me she has it serviced at the dealer religiosly :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts