Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
$103 a month for two cars? How old are you?

I assume this is property and liability only?

Some reasons I've been given for high rates include: Saab parts are expensive to replace. Saabs are well built and tend to do lots of damage to the cars they hit.

But no, $103 a month is cheap, but you get what you pay for. I don't know what PA's minimum coverage requirements are, but if you run into Mayhem, you could be fucked.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$103 a month for two cars? How old are you?

I assume this is property and liability only?

Some reasons I've been given for high rates include: Saab parts are expensive to replace. Saabs are well built and tend to do lots of damage to the cars they hit.

But no, $103 a month is cheap, but you get what you pay for. I don't know what PA's minimum coverage requirements are, but if you run into Mayhem, you could be fucked.

i would deffinately be screwed, i picked the coverage thats just enough to be street leagal, safe auto online stuff, and im 21 with 5 points.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I would say thats a darn good price imo... I was quoted about 97 a month for my NG and that was with United Auto Insurance, so id say your getting a good price considering your tryin to insure 2 vehicles... Oh ya im 21 as well but have a bad record
is $103 a month :), too expensive for a, stock 9-3, and stage 3 9k. i use to pay $363 a month for them. :shock:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
We are both 25.

Full coverage on the 2002 s40 volvo and limited liability on the 1999 9-3 came up to something like 127/month.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I just hit 25 over the Summer, i haven't really checked on stuff until i got a quote for an NG900 i'm looking at. 94 900se 3door. My friend own an insurance agency and he says saabs seem to cheap to insure. He says the quote really low surprisingly, he told me they must be safe... :) Anyway i can get insurance for the NG for a year @ 338, which high limits and full tort.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
In a year, thats more than a Metro is worth! :lol:

I'll be 40 in January, so I'm hoping my auto rates will drop a little.
Not true! They were selling for near $6000 with 2x's the mileage and dents mine has the same year I bought mine (April 2008 ) - I paid a fraction for it and it paid for itself in a few months of driving (avg 42MPG). Best car ever! It's a jap car so nothing really breaks!

Recently replaced exhaust (junk yard factory system) for $30 and a set of Lower Control arms/Ball Joints - $60 shipped. Nothing but oil changes really otherwise. I have upgraded the front speakers and installed an OEM Tape Deck radio - as well as front brake pads. The rest has been problem free driving. It does need tires now however - that will be less then $200 :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just hit 25 over the Summer, i haven't really checked on stuff until i got a quote for an NG900 i'm looking at. 94 900se 3door. My friend own an insurance agency and he says saabs seem to cheap to insure. He says the quote really low surprisingly, he told me they must be safe... :) Anyway i can get insurance for the NG for a year @ 338, which high limits and full tort.
i have limited tort, is that bad, plus i didnt say (icetea), my brother will be driveing on it, he has the stage 3 9k.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts