Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ok, so my next project for the c900, well after I do the plugs and wires next weekend, is to get the interior looking as nice as I possibly can. I mean yes, it needs a head liner, but that's another thread, and probably a summer project. Anyway, I want to get the seat really clean, the carpets really clean, the dashboard really clean, and the floor mats really clean. After that, I want to get all the bugs and pitch off the outside of my car, I'm in Maine so there a lot of pitch, and then wash it and give it a wax!! So what products should I use to clean the interior and exterior, and what's the best way to wash a car at home? I've done it many times, but it seems like I always have soap residue or a little mud splatter still there when it dries. Thanks for your imput guys!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I use goof-off for the pine pitch, I don't like to leave it on, so I treat the pitch and then wash the car ASAP.

back to black for the exterior black trim

Use car wash soap, not dish soap

Everybody has their own opinions on wax, search the forum for those, depends on how much work you want to do (clay bar, etc)

·
Registered
516 Posts
if your looking to get impurities/dirt out of the paint that are present after washing, Id recommend clay bar. Its a fairly simple/easy process which makes a big difference.

Also, I find it can be helpful to wash the car a couple times(do it once the day before and then again the day you actually are going to wax etc.) if it is really dirty.

Look in the car care section for some nice write ups on this stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts