Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to use like high temperature paint, like the same kind that you would use to paint your calipers, on the DI cover? i wanna paint mine red and cant seem to find one online that is already that cover and is for a 9-5.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
yes

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow that looks sooo good. so how exactly do i go about doing this. i want to paint mine red. can i just buy like spray on paint from the autoshop? do i have to cover up the other parts of the engine when i go to paint it?

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
you could paint everything if you want to be messy. but i would take out the dic, clean it and scuff it up with a scotch-brite pad mask off the underside and the connector on the side and paint away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ohhh well that sounds like the right way to do it but i have absolutely no idea how to take that damn thing off man. would your suggest using spray on paint or going at it with paint and a brush. can you buy the correct paint at like an autoshop? or home depot or something like that?

·
Registered
913 Posts
DIC removal

C'Mon, really?
Disconnect the connector on the right hand side (as you look at it)
Remove the four torx screws.
Have a "ball" (quote from Jeffrey Dahmer)
Check or change your spark plugs while you're at it
reverse the process

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
C'Mon, really?
Disconnect the connector on the right hand side (as you look at it)
Remove the four torx screws.
Have a "ball" (quote from Jeffrey Dahmer)
Check or change your spark plugs while you're at it
reverse the process
ahaha yes really bro. i do need the occasionally assistance with projects like these. i dont know everything. i just wanna make sure i do it right. dont worry im sure i'll have plenty more dumb questions that will make your head explode. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
now i want to start painting stuff as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you want it to come out nicely and last. I would suggest using high temp paint.

You can order some up from POR. They make great stuff. I would prime it as well just to give me that extra peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
If your want it to come out nicely and last. I would suggest using high temp paint.

You can order some up from POR. They make great stuff. I would prime it as well just to give me that extra piece of mind.
not to be critical, but i'm sure you would prefer to have peace of mind

·
Registered
198 Posts
If your want it to come out nicely and last. I would suggest using high temp paint.

You can order some up from POR. They make great stuff. I would prime it as well just to give me that extra piece of mind.
Concur. POR engine enamels have a very high percentage of base solids and last a long, long time. That said, their color choice is somewhat limited, and the cure times are high.

Here is my valve cover in one of POR's blue (engine enamel) shades:

I recently changed it to POR Colorchrome to match the other stuff in there:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts