Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 linear 5sp. I am looking at clutch kits and from looking at the EPC, it seems that the flywheel, bell housing and slave are the same between the B235R and B345E, so I am guessing that the only difference is that the aero clutch is 0.5" larger in diameter. Can I put the Aero clutch in my linear? I am getting the slave/bearing for sure and probably a hand full of seals (rear main, transmission output shaft seals.

Also any list of 'while you are there' activities? I am looking at subframe bushings and am wondering if the urethane ones squeak. If they do, I am not interested.

KeithG

·
Registered
102 Posts
drop the pan/ new oil pump intake tube thing, sub frame bushings, plus any power steering hose leaks that you can find.

i beleive they both fit, the aero clutch is obivously stronger, but dont quote me on it. i dont know. ive only owned aero's

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yes 100% compantible, NEVER use the LPT clutch, it looks liek it should be sued on a snow blower or lawn tractor

DO the slave CYL while you have it out ( as well as the bits mentioned above that are accessible while its out

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
they are completely compatable, just make sure to have you flywheel plained before you install it, or the larger diamter disk will not seat right in the old, smaller diameter clutch grove.

also, i highly recommend you drop the pan while you are in there, its a super easy job with the transmission off of the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.